Trick-or-Treat! (Black Cat's Bad Luck)

-this special halloween part was meant to be the finale but school happened and I thought I'd put it out a day early (for me) so my pals in the southern hemisphere can read it in time!-

"PLEASE?"

"No, Master Dick. We've made it very clear that you aren't in any state to go out."

"But Alfred Please! I've been so ready!" He pleaded. Dick had spent all week getting ready to go trick or treating, it was supposed to be his first time trick or treating with the other kids, so he'd been so excited. 

But, blame it on his luck, he'd gone and gotten a cold, so Alfred said no and Bruce backed him up.

"He's right, Chum, you're still sick." Bruce said, looking over his phone. 

"But I don't even feel sick!"

"I know, Dick, but you are sick, you need a lot of rest, and running around all night in the cold isn't going to help much." Bruce's phone buzzed again, he angled it up out of the view of any children to answer.

"Oooh, texting your girlfriend?" Jason asked, skipping downstairs. He tried to lean over to read off Bruce's phone, but gave up and got to the bottom of the foyer, strutting his awesome pirate costume like a catwalk. 

"Jason! They won't let me go out!" Dick whined. 

"Aw C'mon B, it's his first year! So not fair!" Jason frowned.

"It's okay, Dick, We'll bring you back some candy." Tim promised, fixing his Vampire teeth in the mirror.

"But I wanted to go myself..." He muttered. 

"Don't be upset, you could help halp hand out candy, or watch movies with Cass."

"No, Cass is watching horrors." Tim said. "But you can hand out candy with Alfred?"

"No!" Dick whined. He didn't want to hand out candy to other kids, he wanted to go out and trick or treat with the others!

"It's alright, You can sit with Titus in the cave if you want? I have to go out, but you could watch Cartoons?"

Dick was unimpressed, but nodded. 

"Have you seen my bag?" Barbara asked, staggering in. She located it and grabbed her little Claire's makeup kit she got for her last birthday, fixing herself up.  "Don't I look cute?"

"Nope." Jason replied

"Jay, you snot!"

"You're a snot."

"Jason." Bruce interrupted. "Do you have something to tell Barbara?"

Jason rolled his eyes. "Sorry I said your physio would make you walk like a Zombie Bride."

"Thank you!" She said, a little smugly. Her and Jason had a relationship like that, Bruce was constantly forcing them to apologize. Though even she could admit, using her mobility issue was a slightly lower blow than normal. "I can't be mad, Jay. You can't even afford a costume!"

"Barbara..."

"Sorry." 

Jason grinned. "That was just mean."

She joined in. "You too."

There was a knock on the door. Alfred grabbed their bowl of candy, Tim opened the door before the butler could get to it.

"Trick or treat."

Tim smiled and made room for the boy to enter. "Right on time, ten minutes late."