Halloween Night (Chapter Three)

-(Cut off my head for privacy) ((Also My mask made me look like the fucking hamburgler))-

"Where is this?" Dick asked. "Like, what are we doing?"

"Don't worry about it." Jason said.

Roy uncapped The sharpie. he kept in his bag. "What do you wanna do first?"

"Let's do the stop sign." Jason said. 

"No, like, what do you wanna write?" 

"Oh, uh... 'trans rights'?" Jason suggested.

"Chill, I was thinking, like, 'Satan lives' or something..." The redhead admitted.

"Oh, yeah, that works." Jason ditched the backpack next to his little brother, and hopped over. "How heavy are you now?"

"hundred-and-four-ish."

Jason nodded. "I'm about hundred-ten. You're going up." The thirteen year old took a steady stand, and gripped the pole of the stop sign. 

"Down." Roy said. Jason lowered himself a little. With a huff, Roy clambered onto his shoulders. "Up." He corrected. Jason struggled to stand up, raising his friend into the air.

"Be quick, you're heavy!" Jason hissed.

"I'm trying." Roy spat, waving his arm to steady himself. He upcapped the marker again and started writing.

"What's taking so long?"

"I'm working on the lettering!" The redhead justified.

After another ten-ish seconds, Jason struggled back down, letting Roy off his shoulders. "Oof, with the backpack and now you? My shoulders are going to broken by tomorrow!"

"So? I'm lighter than you, what else are we gonna do?"

The two of them turned to Dick, who was digging into a miniature Aero bar. Perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I mean, we needed more snacks." Bart justified. 

"Yeah. Yeah. You're right." Cassie agreed.

The four teens skipped down the pavement, a little antsy. They weren't sure what had happened at the manor, but they were gonna wait for a bit before going back.

"So, uh, Seven/Eleven?" Tim asked, shoving his hands in his hoodie pocket. None of them had grabbed their jackets when running from the house. They barely put on their shoes while running down the driveway.

"I mean, Wayne manor isn't haunted, because if it was, you would definitely know. Right?" Kon asked.

"Uh, yeah." Tim muttered. "I mean, Demon used to tell me these stories to scare me. But that's just cause he's an asshole."

"Yeah." Bart agreed, forcefully slowing his jog for them.

"So... Is there a corner store near here?" Conner asked. 

"There is a grocery store two blocks away." Tim said. "We could get a tub of icecream."

"Oh yeah, that'd be fun." Bart said. 

Minutes later, the four teens ducked into a tired, empty looking grocery store, The four wandered aimlessly for a few minutes, casually grabbing a bag of pretzels and a tub of chocolate-peanut butter icecream so the cashiers didn't think they were shop-lifting.

"I uhh, forgot my wallet." Bart said as they approached the register.

"I got it." Tim whipped out his debit card, praying that it wouldn't get declined.