Paul 'Jesus' Rovia- Worry (c)

Normally you helped do the supply runs for your community but as you had a likely sprained ankle, you stayed back, and Jesus went on his own. You were very worried about him when he didn't return the day he was meant to. The two of you had become very close since you had first met and had become the best of friends even though you had no idea if you would have ever have spoken to each other if you hadn't been put into an apocalyptic setting as you had.

Others told you not to worry as you out of everyone knew that supply runs sometimes lasted longer than they were originally planned to. You knew logically he had likely found somewhere to hide for the night as he hadn't found a lot, so decided to look for more elsewhere before heading home.

You patiently waited by the gate for your friend to return to your home community, every second dragging on. You were desperate to see him again and you could only imagine the different terrible outcomes that could come with the dangers of the world. After spending what felt like a lifetime at the gate, you finally saw the beanie on top of the long hair that you so desperately wanted to see.

Quickly you shouted for the gates to be opened, letting him in. He barely had a chance to get into the community before you pulled him into a bone crushing hug. You hoped that he didn't bring anything breakable with him as he was forced to drop all of the supplies to receive the hug.

"I thought you were dead," you exclaimed. "Why the hell did you take so long?"

Jesus hugged you back but by the time the hug ended he noticed the tears upon your cheeks and felt terrible for causing the worry from you.

"I had to hide out for the night and decided that I could travel out further with the extra rest to find more. Anywhere local is now empty and we are starting to run out beyond what our gardens can provide. I didn't realise you would worry so much," he apologised.

You playfully hit his shoulder for making you worry so much about him being lost out in the world.

"You're my best friend," you frowned. "Of course, I'm going to worry and if you think otherwise you are not nearly as smart of a man as I thought."

"I'm sorry," he smiled softly. "I won't go off without you again."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.