Tara Chambler- Safety (c)

On the last run, Glenn had gotten injured and with everyone else being busy, you had been given the role of going on the next run. There were some shops around the corner to your current home, and from when Glenn had said, there wasn't many walkers, meaning you going on your own it wasn't going to be too hard.

You weren't the best fighter in the group but you were more than capable. Your girlfriend, Tara, had been against the idea of you going. She knew you could hold your own, but she certainly didn't want to take a chance in you getting injured or worse. She had been adamant that she wanted to go with you. Tara did her best to make it seem as though she just wanted to be there for you and simply spend time with you, but you knew it was because she was extremely anxious about allowing you to risk your life for the group. You did your best to reassure her, but it didn't matter.

Although she wished to go with you, you had to remind her that she needed to help Rosita on watch and that there wasn't anyone else that could take over her post due to their jobs as well.

You left your current home and made your way there. When you got to the shop that you'd been directed to you only found one walker. As you looked around you did your best to ignore the brunette that had followed you, making her think you were ignorant to her existence.

When you found items that you needed, you threw them into your rucksack, making your way towards the aisle that the brunette was hiding down, blocking her from finding a new hiding spot. As you turned down the aisle, you raised an eyebrow crossing your arms.

Tara stood up from her crouching spot on the floor.

"Fancy meeting you here," she smiled joyfully as if it were a coincidence you were both here.

"Oh, please. Don't act like you didn't follow me," you huffed.

She let out a laugh, "pfft. Never. I would never just follow you Y/N. I trust your judgement fully. Did I mention that I love you?"

Your expression softened.

"It's okay Tara. I love you too. And I know you are only here because you want me to be safe. However I am annoyed that you wouldn't just tell me you were coming. Does Rosita know you came?" You asked.

"She knows I am here. I got Sasha to take over as she didn't need to do her job. But it's fine. I just needed you to be fine and not get hurt. I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt," she said softly taking your hand in hers.

"Thank you for caring Tara. Now let's get all the supplies and we can go home where it is safe."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.