Rick Grimes- Massage (h)

It was no secret that everyone was stressed as hell, all of you had a right to be of course.

You had Walkers bashing at the fence, food that would eventually run out, a shortage of weapons and to top it all off, you were all living in a prison cell block – not exactly living the high life.

Your best friend, Rick, was still struggling with the death of Lori. It was obvious that he was having a hard time, and no one had the ability to help him as he was rejecting every single offer of help that went his way.

Daryl, Glenn and Maggie had gone on a run, Beth and Carl were looking after Judith and Hershel was training Carol in the basics of medicine. That therefore left you and Rick on watch in the tower.

Rather suddenly, Rick slumped down against the outside wall of the tower. He put his head in his hands, and sighed loudly "What's up with you, huh?" you asked as you leant against the railing, standing opposite him.

Rick looked up at you, squinting slightly because of the sun, "That's a good question" he answered with a small chuckle.

"Then don't dodge it" you told him, as you knew that he was being evasive as he didn't want to open up to anyone. You couldn't blame him, but he needed to talk to someone – he couldn't talk to Carl as Carl was just as distraught, Judith wouldn't have a clue what her Dad was babbling on about and it didn't seem as if anyone else wanted to talk as he could lash out at any moment.

"Everything is falling apart Y/N" Rick started to speak, but he didn't look you in the eye "The world has gone to shit and we've lost too many" he sounded like he was ready to break.

You sat down next to him, "At least we have people here, and they are people who are close to us, we trust each other and we care about each other" you spoke softly and Rick nodded in agreement.

"I just wish the stress would disappear, I mean I know everyone is stressed right now," Rick paused as he ran a hand through his hair, clearly getting frustrated "I feel a responsibility for everyone, I don't want anyone else disappearing or dying" he said, but he seemed to be talking to himself more than you.

You only really had one idea, you didn't know if he would be up for it or if it would even work – but in the situation that everyone was in, anything was worth a shot.

"Do you...well...I mean...I could give you a massage?" you suggested timidly, it was awkward asking even though he was your best friend.

Rick looked over at you, with a smirk on his face "If you wanted to touch me Y/N, all you had to do was ask" he joked, making you blush.

You stood up again, crossing your arms "I retract my offer then Grimes" you stated and Rick stood up.

He opened his arms, making you look at him in confusion "Just hug me" he told you with a smile.

You walked into his arms and hugged his waist "I am de-stressing already" he whispers in your ear, causing you to laugh.

A hug worked wonders.

~*~

Written by Hannah.