Ofelia Salazar- Riots (c)

Your heart jumped into your throat. From what you had heard people had started to get sick; a weird sickness that no one understood but there didn't seem to be a cure. You had planned to meet your girlfriend at her Father's shop however you couldn't get there. The whole area was impossible to get to. You asked someone at the edge of the crowds outside of where the police and army had surrounded, about what was occurring, all they could tell you was riots had broken out.

It terrified you that something could have happened to Ofelia or her family. They were good people, but if the riots were as bad as they seemed, you couldn't imagine anyone cared who were the good people and who were the bad.

You didn't know what else to do, no one was answering their phones, but it seemed that the phonelines were down. You headed home, knowing that if Ofelia came looking for you, she would come to you. There was nothing to do at home though except worry. You attempted to stay calm, but you couldn't help looking outside to see if anything was going on.

Luckily you were peering out of your window, as you saw your neighbour Travis getting out of his truck with people whom looked a lot like the Salazar's.

You went to see if it was them, if not you would pretend to be asking them about what was going on.

As you got out of your house, you instantly recognised Ofelia's voice as Travis helped carry a woman whom seemed to be Griselda into the house.

"Ofelia," you shouted out, running across the road.

She turned around, a smile instantly appearing onto her face. As soon as you reached her, you pressed your lips to hers, wrapping your arms around her in a tight embrace.

"You're okay," you whispered, attempting to prevent yourself from crying from joy.

"I'm fine," she smiled softly.

"I tried to get to your Father's shop, but the riot was in the way, the police wouldn't let me through and I knew if you were okay, you would make your way here."

Ofelia held onto you, keeping the hug occurring, letting out a sigh of relief.

"It was destroyed. The riots destroyed it. My mother, she is injured. Luckily your neighbours needed refuse, we showed them kindness in getting them into our home, they showed kindness in getting us out of the riots," she explained. "I am so glad you are okay."

"I love you," you whispered to her, glad to know she was safe.

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.