Tara Chambler- Storm (c)

Since the world had fallen into complete disarray, you found it impossible to see anything to become worse. However, you hadn't thought much about bad weather before, so now that a terrible storm was coming over head, you realised you had pushed your luck to think the worst had already occurred.

Tara and yourself had been trying to find more supplies, due to the scarcity of them currently. As you tried to look for anything useful, rain began to fall and the wind picked up quickly.

Not wishing to allow exposure to the weather to be your downfall when fatality rates were already so high, the two of you sought out shelter.

By the time you could find an old building that actually still had an intact roof, the two of you were soaked through.

The two of you did a quick yet thorough sweep of the building before gathering the fairly dry remnants of wood and newspaper that scattered the floor. Not only to help with the lack of vision clue to it having drifted into the evening, but also for warmth to assist the two of you dry off, it was necessary to start a fire.

Conveniently you had found a lighter in your search for supplies, so it wasn't too much of a struggle to start a fire.

You both removed your over shirts o leave close to the flames as the first garments you attempted to dry off.

As you waited by the open flames, Tara grasped her gun to approach one of the windows. She opened the curtains slightly before closing them again with a frown.

"I doubt this will let up anytime soon. We will just have to wait this out. Hopefully it'll settle down in the morning. At least this place will be safe enough for the night," Tara sighed sitting back down by your side.

"Okay," you muttered softly.

You didn't mean to sound bitter. By no means was your anger or sadness directed or caused by Tara, just it may have come across in such a way.

"What is wrong?" She asked, resting a hand to your cold knee, concerned for you.

"I just don't know how we are meant to cope in a world like this. Nothing is going well and it is only made of things of nightmares nowadays," you whispered, strained by the pain that you felt from the current state of the world.

Tara moved to place her hands onto your cheeks forcing you to look into her eyes.

"Y/N look at me," she stated. "I love you. And yes the world is complete shit and there isn't anything we can do about that. However, it seems impossible that we could survive this long. We are survivors, and we are going to survive whatever the world throws at us."

You couldn't help but cry at how much you cared about the woman before you. It baffled you that someone so great could care so dearly for you.

"I love you too," you whispered. "I don't know what I would do without you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.