Beth Greene- Thank You (h)

You couldn't begin to imagine how Beth was feeling, you would never be able to tell her that you understood or that you had been through it because you hadn't.

Despite all of that, you hated to see your best friend in pain but you just knew there was nothing you could do, apart from talk to her after the nightmares, hug her whilst she cried, comfort her when the memories would hurt.

She was the one person that had been there for you, and you just wanted to be there for her.

You hadn't been able to find Beth when you woke up, so you had been walking through the prison for the past ten minutes or so and there was no sign of her.

You eventually found her sat outside, on the grass, not doing anything in particular.

"Hey stranger" you said as you approached her.

Beth turned around, and gave you a look of acknowledgement, before turning back to her original spot.

You sighed slightly as you sat down next to her, "How are you doing today?" you asked cautiously, not wanting to provoke anything.

She shrugged, not facing you, "Same as always I believe, wanting the day to end as soon as it has started" she confessed.

You reached out so you could wrap an arm around her, "I don't know what to tell you" you admitted as she wrapped her arms around you in a hug.

"I know, I just...thankyou" she suddenly thanked you, which caused you to pull away from the hug.

You looked over at Beth in confusion, "What for? I'm only doing what a friend would do" you explained simply, not understanding why she had thanked you.

Beth shook her head, "No," she stated "You have been there for me, throughout everything lately, and even when I wanted to be by myself you wouldn't let it happen because you knew that I actually did want someone" she told you and you smiled "So thank you, for being there"

~*~

Written by Hannah.