Maggie Greene- Walker (c)

You got out of the car, waiting for Maggie to join you by the side of the old car. You both had your rucksacks, a gun each and different weapons to use to bludgeon or stab walkers if you came across them. Within the prison community there were several runners, but you and Maggie were sent out today. You enjoyed her company, she was sweet, and you did like her a bit more than you probably should, but you never acted upon your feelings due to your dad being the leader of your group.

The two of you headed into the shop you had spotted on a different run, hoping that no one had already looted everything that was useful. The door was locked, but using your bat, you smashed the window, to give you easy access. It did feel weird that you were smashing windows and pretty much breaking and entering on what was once a quaint shop. However, no one worked there, you doubted anyone else lived anywhere near here.

"Keep an eye out," Maggie stated, as she clambered into the shop, you followed behind her.

It was quiet in there, you hoped that no walkers were in there, but it was never a certainty. With it being a small shop, you took different aisles, knowing it was easy to get to each other if any incident arose.

You gathered the few things you could find that were of use, throwing them into your rucksack. With a scream from Maggie, your rucksack was discarded amongst the broken shelving running towards the aisle she had gone down. Maggie was holding off a walker but was pushed to the floor, without a good vantage to attack it. You pulled out your knife, plunging it into the walker's head, throwing it's body away from her, leaving her to be free.

"You okay?" You asked, bending down beside her.

"I'm... I'm fine," she whispered, attempting to wipe off some of the blood from her. "Thank you for helping me."

"Anytime. I couldn't let anything happen to you," you said, instantly hesitating due to the words that escape. "I mean I should have reacted quicker, you could have gotten hurt. I don't know what I'd do if you were hurt."

She had a soft smile as you assisted her to her feet. "I'd have been more than hurt without you. I know you have my back, maybe more if that's what you wanted."

You bit onto your lower lip, smiling softly.

"What do you mean?"

She smiled at you, leaning in to kiss you. "Maybe something like that."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.