Carl Grimes- Reassure (h)

If someone had told you that you would have ended up in a relationship with the kid who you had been living with for the past however many years – you would've questioned if the apocalypse had made them mad.

That wasn't difficult for someone to do.

Living your life from one day to the next, not knowing if you would even make it another month or so; that had the ability to make anyone go mad.

It wasn't just the walkers that could make you lose your sanity, it was the whole experience period.

The whole group was still reeling from losing two members permanently – you couldn't have imagined what Maggie was going through considering she was going to have a child with Glenn, and no one wanted to admit that Abraham was gone.

To top it all off, that bastard of a man had taken your Dad from you.

Some people often questioned how Daryl could be your Dad, you weren't very much alike and Daryl wasn't exactly a man you could pin down as a father figure.

Despite what other people thought, your Dad was one of the most important people in your life.

He had been incredibly supportive, surprisingly, when he found out about you and Carl. Your boyfriend was fully expecting a lecture from your Dad when he found out, but he just told Carl to look after you and that he'd feed him to the walkers if he didn't – a standard response from your father.

With him gone, you hadn't been the same and Carl knew that.

He found you sat out on the field, away from everyone else.

"Baby?" he questioned once he reached you.

You turned around to face him, tears in your eyes.

He sighed as he sat down next to you before pulling you into his side.

"What are you doing out here?" you asked him, trying to dry the tears.

"I came to find you, and don't act as if you haven't been crying," he told you. "I've been with you long enough to know when you're not in a good place."

"As if this world is ever going to be a good place."

He sighed at your words. "Whilst I agree with you, you know that's not what I meant."

"What do you want me to say Carl?"

He shrugged, holding you close to him as he pressed a kiss to the top of your head.

"He took my Dad okay, we don't know where he is or how he is doing, he already killed two of our guys so what's to say he won't do that to him?"

"We just need to hope that he won't."

You shook your head, burying yourself into Carl's chest. "I can't lose him."

"You won't."

"You don't know that. Do not give me false hope."

"I'm not trying to do that Baby," he attempted to reassure you.

You moved to look up at him. "Then what are you doing?"

"Trying to reassure my girlfriend, who I love, that she is going to be okay and her Dad isn't going to disappear on us."

You shook your head again. "We can't be sure of anything anymore."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by