Carl Grimes- Contemplating Life (h)

It wasn't your turn on watch, but you were in the tower anyway. Being in the cells was just fine, but you liked just sitting up there and looking out over the fields – sure, the fields were overrun with Walkers but it was nice to pretend that they weren't there.

You had been with the group since Atlanta, your Dad was Shane and you grew close with Carl after Lori and Carl came with you both to Atlanta.

You didn't really miss your Dad all that much, you understand why Rick did it as your Dad was set on killing Rick and then Carl did what he had to do.

Carl had been your boyfriend since the farm went up in flames, whilst all of you were travelling you got hurt and Carl pretty much flipped out, he managed to confess his feelings for you in the process.

The sound of someone walking up the ladder snapped you out of your thoughts. You turned around to see Carl stood at the top of the ladder, the sheriff's hat on his head and his gun in his hand.

"Hey Baby" he greeted as he walked over to you, "What're you doing up here? It's my shift" he asked, sounding confused but he wrapped his arms around you nevertheless.

"I was just looking out, trying to remember what everything was like before" you answered him, and he smiled down at you.

"Baby, we're teenagers, why are you contemplating life?" he asked with a cheerful tone, and you just shrugged as you didn't really know yourself.

You turned around in Carl's arms, and wrapped your arms around his waist "We could die tomorrow, or even tonight, Carl" you told him and you felt him tense slightly "I think about everything before this, because everything before was actually normal – we could go outside and play without worrying about the dead coming and eating us" you didn't mean to go on a rant, but it kind of just happened.

Carl sighed and rested his head on top of yours "I know Baby, but we just have to fight – the Walkers won't know what hit them" he joked making you laugh into his chest.

You pulled away from Carl "I better go, it's your shift" you told him and he leant down to kiss you.

You went to climb down the ladder, but Carl called out to you. You stopped and looked over at him, he came over and placed his hat on your head "Will you check on Judith for me? I know Beth has her but she's more comfortable with you" he quickly asked.

You smiled at him as you nodded your head in agreement, "Sure Carl – let me go find ass kicker" you joked and he laughed "It's a cute name for her okay, don't judge me" you said before he said anything about it.

"Leave me to contemplate life now Y/N" he responded as you started to climb down the ladder, you shook your head jokingly even though he couldn't see you.

"CONTEMPLATE LIFE WHILST KILLING WALKERS BABE" you yelled up to him as you reached the floor. You heard him laugh and then a gun shot was taken, making you roll your eyes as your boyfriend just wanted to show off.

~*~

Written by Hannah.