Rick Grimes- Injury (c)

You couldn't imagine the concern and pain that Rick was feeling having lost both of his children and not knowing if they were alive or not. The prison had been taken over by walkers and everyone had to flee trying to save themselves. You had managed to stay with Rick but you had no idea if anyone else had survived, the two of you now on top of a hill overlooking the prison, hoping that someone had been able to live through it all as well.

Rick was injured relatively bad, but his temperament didn't allow for anything like injuries to get in the way. He kept trying to make his way towards the prison, desperately wanting to find his children, regretting that he had lost them in the mania that had occurred.

"I need to find them," he hissed, gripping his middle that you had tried to patch up.

"I know Rick but you're going to get yourself killed," you frowned. "I can handle one or two walkers but if we get that herd coming towards us, we will end up both dead."

He winced as he slumped to the ground in defeat, hating that he couldn't be the strong man he felt that he had to be constantly. You wanted to be able to reunite him to his son and daughter but currently there wasn't anything the two of you could do until he was better, and you had formed a plan.

"I'm sorry," he grunted.

"Don't be sorry," you said softly, sitting down beside him. "You want to find your kids, that's understandable but you need to know your lips. You've always stopped me from getting needlessly hurt. Let me help you this time."

Rick offered you a weak and pained smile, trying to rest and recuperate but seen as you were both out in the open with walkers nearby it was a hard feat.

"We need to get somewhere safe so that you can rest up. Hopefully everyone else got out fine and we can find them again. There's a town nearby that wasn't completely taken over by walkers, we should be able to stay there until you are able to walk without crying," you stated. "It's a bit of a walk but we should get there before nighttime."

He nodded his head, letting you help him back up to his feet, needing to use you for support.

"Thank you, Y/N. I'd understand if you just wanted to leave me here," he said with an apologetic time.

"I'm not going to leave you to die Rick, we're both going to survive this, I promise."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.