Tara Chambler- Kiss (c)

Today was one of the few nice days where you didn't have to leave the safety of the Alexandria walls. Although you wanted to assist your community, in being a runner, you certainly couldn't say you enjoyed spending time fighting for your life against the walkers who were consuming the world. It was calming to know that there was at least some safety within the tall walls, even if it wasn't a permanent defence.

You were sat out on the porch of your house, well the house you shared with several others, allowing the day to pass by, hoping your worries would go with it. On one of the other benches outside the house Tara sat, her eyes locked on you. You were pretty certain she had been lost in thought as she looked at you, not focusing on what she ended up looking at.

Waving your hand in her direction, you thought you could snap her out of her thought, although that wasn't the case. You tried again but she seemed to look through your movement. Quickly you made your way across the decking to take a seat next to Tara. You smiled at her, before deciding that talking would likely help more.

"Tara, you alright?" You smiled.

She instantly snapped out of it.

"Can I kiss you?... wait... what?"

Tara's eyes widened in shock. She had been lost in her staring at you so hadn't noticed what she was saying, likely having been thinking about it. Although it shocked her, it also shocked you. You had liked Tara since before you even got to Alexandria, but you could have never imagined that she would like you as a friend let alone as anything more.

"I'm sorry," she exclaimed. "I didn't mean that... no that would be weird."

Tara rambled, standing up and pacing slightly.

"Tar-"

You attempted to get through to her, but she seemed to be stuck with what she had said.

"I don't want to kiss you. Well I do, but I certainly wouldn't. You wouldn't want to. And... I like you... but no I can't like you... because you wouldn't like me... how could you like me... I'm me... and you're you... and we aren't a we... or an us," she said, unable to keep her thoughts straight.

You let out a gentle laugh, putting a hand onto her wrist to stop her from moving away, so that you could press your lips to hers in a gentle kiss. As you pulled away she looked more shocked than she had before.

"Did... did you?"

"Yes. I kissed you," you smiled. "And yes Miss Chambler, I like you too."

With that you pressed your lips to hers once again.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by