Tyreese Williams- Hope (c)

Hope was a far of dream. Anything positive in this world was basically non-existent. Everyone was using borrowed time. The world was prepared to end, and anyone still alive weren't likely to be around for too much longer.

Your group did their best to fight and to live. It was hard but it was worth it to still be with the people you cared most about.

Although you weren't in the group when it occurred, you had heard that the birth of Judith, granted lead to the death of her mother, but also gave the group some hope. Life. New life. It helped distract from the death.

With the knowledge that Lori was dead because of childbirth, it terrified you with the fact that you were pregnant. Maggie had told you that Lori needed a Cistercian section and had also had one for Carl. That gave you more hope. You'd never had a baby before, but maybe you could have this one naturally, and would be able to see your child, rather than leave it motherless.

There was a mixture of happiness and fear as you approached your partner. He was sat with his sister, talking about something. You weren't sure what as they fell silent as soon as you reached them, smiling pleasantly at you.

"Hello Y/N," Tyreese smiled, wrapping an arm around your shoulders to pull you towards him, kissing your forehead.

"Hi," Sasha also smiled.

"Hey. Is it okay if I have a private word with your brother please Sasha?" You asked softly.

"Of course."

With that she departed going over to Maggie and Tara.

Tyreese looped his arms over your shoulders, holding you close but so that you could look up at him. His expression was soft and loving as it was most of the time.

"What's wrong love?" He smiled softly, moving his fingers into the hair hanging over the back of your neck.

"Um... I have something... something important to tell you," you said in a hoarse tone, attempting to keep a smile on your face.

He looked concerned, turning his head slightly, moving a hand to brush a thumb against your cheek.

"What is it?" He asked, keeping his gentle and friendly tone.

"I don't really know if it's good news. But... well... um... I'm pregnant."

As soon as you finished speaking, your eyes slammed shut, scared of how he would react. You expected the feeling of his arms resting on your shoulders to disappear, but they didn't. Instead his arms wrapped around you, pulling you into a tight embrace, before he loosened his grip apologetically.

"How wouldn't this be good news?" Tyreese said loudly.

When you opened your eyes, his joy was clear from his grin, and the attention of the rest of the group had turned to you two.

"I didn't know... I didn't think you'd want to have to raise a child in this world. It's dangerous and the group can barely cope with Judith, let alone another baby. I didn't want you to be upset or annoyed at me. I knew you wouldn't but I couldn't help but think it," you said in a whisper.

He shook his head, letting out a chuckle. Rather than bending down to kiss you, like he always did, he lifted you up so that your lips could be pressed to his.

"Before everything, I wanted to be a Dad, it just never happened. And I never thought it would, but you've given me that chance," he smiled. "We are going to be a family. This is finally giving us a little bit of hope that everything can be good again in the world."

"What's going on?" Rick questioned approaching the two of you.

Tyreese looked to you for permission to tell him, and you gestured for him to speak.

"Y/N's pregnant," he grinned.

Rick looked taken back for a moment as the others of the group approached.

"Well congrats," Rick said slightly hesitantly.

"So I'm going to be an aunt?" Sasha questioned.

You nodded at your non-official sister-in-law.

Her arms instantly wrapped around you and Tyreese, forcing you into a group hug. Once Sasha let the two of you go the rest of the group took their turns giving you their congratulations, but those whom had been in the group the longest clearly were hesitant and uncertain about whether this pregnancy was going to end like the last. You hoped it didn't.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.