Tara Chambler- Shower (c)

Tara and you were on a supply run into a local town, but on your way, you found a secluded farmhouse, that you were hopeful that no one had raided. To your surprise the house was untouched, so the two of you made your way through taking out the couple of walkers who remained before splitting up and gathering all the supplies you could get. Tara started in the kitchen, whilst you went upstairs to search through the bathroom.

The cupboard was filled with unused soaps and shampoo that were lacking within your tiny community. You filled your rucksack with anything you could find that was useful from the cupboards, before pulling back the curtain to the shower to see if anything was in there. It was oddly clean, a few almost full bottles scattered around the rim of it. You reached out to grab one of the bottles from the rack, when you hit the switch for the shower. You expected nothing to happen, as nowhere had running water anymore, but the shower shot out water.

You jumped back to escape from the water but as it begun to steam up the room, you couldn't contain the excitement.

"Tara," you squealed.

You heard her footsteps hastily come up the stairs and into the bathroom.

"Y/N, are you-" She trailed off as she saw the shower running. "The shower works?"

Nodding uncontrollably, you were desperate to jump under the hot water, having not had running water in so long.

"It's so far out, it probably has its own water supply," she smiled. "But who knows how long it'll last."

"Do you... maybe we could?" You gestured towards the shower.

She nodded her head, pulling off her plaid shirt. The two of you slung all of your clothes onto the floor before both diving into the bath tub to take in the hot streams of water coming from the showerhead.

You threw your head back to let the warm water run over your face, it was something you'd missed for so long.

"I think I'm in love," Tara sighed as she turned the shower onto her. "This is the best."

"It really fucking is," you grinned, reaching out to wrap your arms around her.

You pulled Tara back under the water, wrapping your arms around her to keep her close, your bare bodies touching as your lips collided.

"I love you," you smiled against her lips.

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by