Tara Chambler- Uncertainty (c)

Uncertainty and panic was a daily norm now. They world had turned itself upside down and it was horrific for not just yourself but everyone else. You were forced to adapt to a world where people you had once known and love had lost themselves and become creatures that would usually only find themselves in your darkest nightmares.

But you adapted. Well for the most part.

Some days were worse than other though. There were days that this world became painfully real, as though the old world would never be again, and you would be stuck in a hell of living day by day attempting to survive.

Today was one of those days for Tara. She was sat staring into space, looking terrified by what could happen let alone what had already occurred.

You had tried to talk to her but it was though you weren't in the room, she was too busy stuck in the rut of what was now reality. Knowing there wasn't anything you could do to snap her out of it with your words, you sat down next to her putting your hand onto hers. Slowly her head turned towards you, giving you a weak and broken smile.

"You okay Love?" You smiled softly moving your other arm to wrap around her shoulders so that you could pull her to you and let her rest her head to your shoulder.

"No..." she whispered. "Look at what the world has become. Look at it all falling around us. How can anyone actually live happily in this. I don't know... I just don't know anything anymore. There is no certainty in life anymore, it is all a mess. I'm now only certain of one thing in life."

"And what are you certain of?" You asked softly pressing a kiss to her dark hair.

"That I love you. But even then, love meant much more before the world fell from below our feet. We are stuck in this hell with no escape and can it be true love if I cannot do anything to stop your suffering?" She whispered, her voice breaking with a soft sob amongst her words.

You shushed her softly holding her as close as you could to you. You hated when she spoke in such a manner but there wasn't any reason she should think anything differently- the world was a mess.

"It will be okay. I promise you that. We are alive, aren't we? That's as lucky as we can ask to be nowadays. I can no longer suffer if you are still by my side," you said softly to reassure her.

She cuddled closer but turned her head so you could see her tear stained face.

"I can't lose you... I won't lose you... this world is already too cruel, this is all I ask from it for you to stay with me but I-" she began to ramble, tears falling from her eyes but your cut her off when you cupped her cheeks.

"Kiss me you twat," you stated forcefully.

She looked frankly confused. "What?"

"You heard me."

Tara did as she was told and moved to press her lips to yours firmly. As she pulled away, she rested her forehead to yours, keeping her eyes shut tightly.

"Love, the world is a mess. But that doesn't mean we have to be. That is all I am certain of."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by