Carl Grimes- Normal (h)

Having a 'normal' life didn't seem possible anymore, it didn't seem as if it would happen and it probably never would.

You were only a teenager, you wished that you could do things that you were supposed to do – go to school, go through all the idiotic events that school put on, have a cliché relationship, go through not knowing if you would get asked to the dance...none of that was even plausible anymore.

The only thing you had was the relationship and even that didn't seem as if it could hold itself up, but you wanted it to, so much.

Of course, an apocalypse wasn't exactly the best place to form a relationship.

And to top it all off, you were living in a bloody prison cell, somewhere you never thought you would be.

However, one other 'normal' thing you had was the monthly visit from Mother Nature and she had decided to grace you with her presence.

Rick knew what was going on with you, which was awkward considering he was your boyfriend's Dad but you needed him to get supplies with Daryl.

You had resorted to spending the majority of your day in your room, well cell, that you shared with Carl – which you were surprised was actually allowed, but Rick trusted you both and Daryl wasn't that bothered.

You had been reading Carl's comic books to pass the time, as Carl was out doing his jobs.

Someone entered the cell, and you looked up from the comic book to see Carl taking off his hat and placing it down on the table "Hey Baby" he greeted you with a smile.

You returned his smile, and shuffled over so that he had some room on the bed.

He sat down, so you placed your head in his lap and he leaned down to give you a quick kiss before aimlessly playing with your hair "How are you feeling?" he asked with concern in his tone.

You grimaced and grabbed Carl's free hand, fiddling with his fingers before intertwining them with your own "Better than this morning, but still bad" you told him honestly, as Carl always knew when you were lying.

Carl sighing and kissed your forehead soothingly, "Awh Baby, I know it sucks" he sympathised with you "But it'll be over in a week, and you will feel better" he said, smiling down at you and his smile was infectious.

As Carl continued to run his hand through your hair, playing with the strands every now and then, you sighed contentedly "Maybe everything can be normal for this moment" you mused, keeping a hold on your boyfriend's hand.

You spoke too soon.

~*~

Written by Hannah.