Tara Chambler- Engagement (c)

Since the world had theoretically and in some part literally collapsed, you had done your best to keep the days on track so that you knew how long this whole ordeal had occurred. Even if the day of the week no longer mattered to you or anyone for that matter, it was nice to know. And it was also nice to know when special days occurred. You liked to know the birthdays of anyone whom had fallen prior to and during this hell. It was also nice to know when Christmas was- which happened to be today.

It didn't matter to anyone else, no one particularly noticed when one day became another. Before the apocalypse you had loved Christmas and you wished to celebrate once again even if it couldn't be lavish due to all the walkers around.

You were hiding in an old abandoned house with Tara having lost the rest of your group. It was probably the nicest place you had found so far and you were both happy there as it was quite safe.

During one of your supply runs, the two of you had come across some shops, one of which sold jewellery. Whilst Tara was busy gathering other belongings, you saw a perfect gift for her. It did play on your morals as to whether it was right to take stuff that wasn't overly essential, however it wasn't going to do any good for anyone else.

Seen as there wasn't really anything to wrap the present in correctly, you used the fabric from an old ripped t-shirt you found in the house as a makeshift wrapping.

When Tara woke up she seemed confused as to why you were sat on the floor with terrible decorations hung up as a way to try and celebrate the day which meant so much more to you now seen as there wasn't much else that could make you happy nowadays.

"What is this?" She laughed.

"Um... well it's Christmas," you grinned.

"Is it?" She asked sitting down opposite you.

You nodded at her.

"Well I couldn't really do much for the special occasion but I did get you a present. It's not much and it doesn't technically mean anything due to this type of world, but well I thought it might be something special for us," you said softly.

You handed her the present, which she hesitantly opened revealing a small box. She raised an eyebrow as she opened it.

"A ring?" She smiled.

"An engagement ring to be exact," you said softly. "I really love you Tara. And I know nothing can be official for us in this world but it would still be overly special even just to the two of us. So what I am trying to say Tara is... will you marry me?"

She moved forward to cup your cheek with her hand as she pulled you in for a kiss.

"Of course I would love to marry you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.