Theodore 'T-Dog' Douglas- Safe (c)

Confusion struck you when you saw your group lowering themselves to the ground. They all crawled under the cars that surrounded you, but until you turned around you had no idea why they were acting in such a manner. When you turned around you saw a herd of walkers making their way towards you. You held in the gasp that fought to escape, not wanting to draw attention to yourself.

You looked for the best place to hide but all the cars near to you were too low to the ground. To your right you could see T-Dog crouch down, so you decided to make your way quietly and quickly to him.

Before the shit hit the fan, you hadn't known him but since joining the same group you had become fast friends. He made you feel safe, granted so did the others; he just didn't seek as much conflict as the other men in your group did.

As you reached him, you found an unpleasant sight that you hoped you'd never have to see. T-Dog was injured; blood poured from his arm uncontrollable as he attempted to grasp onto it. In panic you ripped off your cardigan wrapping it around his arm to help stop the bleeding.

"It's going to be okay," you whispered to him hoping that not only would your words comfort him but also yourself.

You popped your head up above the car to look at your surroundings, to grasp what could be done in the current situation. The walkers were getting closer but luckily, they hadn't noticed you yet. There was little you could do as neither you nor T-Dog could get under the cars by you. Not sure what else you could do, you quickly opened the back door of the car to force him into it, whilst you crawled into the front. It certainly wasn't a fool proof spot, but it was the best you could think of when put under that pressure.

You threw the corpse that lie in the driver's seat to lay between the chairs, to partially cover yourself but also T-Dog to hopefully hid your scent from the incoming walkers. You crouched down towards the foot well to hide the best you could.

You looked at T-Dog whom looked equally on edge as yourself. Your heart felt as though it couldn't beat; the fear and terror only falling once the walkers stopped trickling past and for now you were both safe.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.