Tara Chambler- Pillows (c)

On the road it had been hard to properly get any sleep. At best you were on a hard roadside, with nothing more than a jacket covering you, at worst you were in damp grass, getting covered in mud, unable to actually get comfortable.

There wasn't much you could possibly do to make it better. Even when you got a night in the barn, it was a painfully hard floor, but at least there was a roof over your head, especially seen as there was a terrible storm. The only thing that had been keeping you together all the time travelling was being wrapped in the arms of the woman you loved.

After a night of sleeping on a carpeted floor in the home Deanna had given your group, you were happy when Rick agreed to allow other rooms and the other house to be occupied for sleep.

There weren't enough rooms for everyone to have a bed each, most people were fine to share with whomever if they needed to and it meant they could get somewhere to sleep that wasn't a floor.

In the two houses there were five bedrooms in total and the bedroom you were given was for yourself and your girlfriend Tara along with Noah. You'd agreed to alternate nights on who got to have the bed, with whomever wasn't sleeping there being on the couch- it was still a huge improvement on the floor.

Tonight, being the first night you didn't have to all sleep together as a group, Noah offered you and Tara the bed taking a utilitarian approach.

As soon as you lay on the bed, every worry you'd ever had felt like it was washed away. Tara took the place next to you, the two of you lazily grasping hands.

"Is it bad that this surprisingly feels uncomfortable?" Tara questioned.

"Well we're used to the floor, it's hard to get used to a proper mattress again, I guess," you shrugged, rolling onto your side to see your girlfriends face.

She hummed, moving her head on the pillow. "I guess I could get used to it though. It'll be nice to be sleeping under a quilt rather than us both attempting to curl up under your jumper and using mine as a pillow."

You nodded in agreement, draping your other arm over her middle, enjoying just being close to her.

"I never thought I would be so happy to have a pillow. Gosh, before all this I would have never have appreciated having a pillow, but God I love it," you smiled contently.

"It is nice," she smiled. "But I'm just happy to have you here. I'd find it easier to sleep on the floor, than to sleep on here without you in my arms."

Leaning forward you kissed her lovingly.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.