Tara Chambler- Silence (c)

What now lived, well lacked life, in the world was terrifying but it only became much worse when you realised you had nowhere to live even if it is merely for the night. You were traveling alongside your girlfriend Tara attempting to stay alive, and whenever you moved on from one town you would find a new building to call home until you could finally find somewhere that was safe enough to settle. However, having left the previously town and the night surrounding you quickly, you were stuck with very few options.

The best option you could think of was to hide in the nearby forest, so that you had at least some protection from the weather and something hopefully keeping the walkers away or distracted from you due to how many trees surrounded you.

You had wrapped a blanket around the two of you with your rucksacks as pillows leaning against the large tree trunk you were now turning into your shelter for now.

The night had quickly fallen over you, along with the silence of the night in the middle of nowhere. Rarely was there ever any silence. The usual grunts and groans of walkers were long lost, but it had become unsettling knowing that there could be danger around any corner.

"It's so quiet," Tara whispered wrapping her arms around you partially for a simple cuddle and comfort but also to help share warmth seen as it was a freezing cold night and there was nothing other than your frail blanket keeping you from the cold night air.

"The silence is nice," you commented. "But it is rather worrisome that it is this silent."

She laughed softly kissing your hair and holding you closer.

"It is a little unsettling seen as it so different to what we've had to endure recently but I guess I like it. We are probably never going to experience it being this silent ever again," she said in a near whisper not wanting to ruin the quiet.

"I guess."

Tara smiled adjusting the blanket so that it was held closer to the two of you.

"Maybe it's a sign. A sign that the world is getting even a little bit better. Think about it. If there are no walkers here maybe we are getting control again. The living conquering the dead," she sighed.

"That's optimistic. But we can only hope. There's not much else we can do," you smiled. "I love you Tara. And if we are on the brink of a new world, I am glad that I get to see that with you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.