Aiden Monroe- Cookie (c)

In an apocalypse, you weren't well equipped. You weren't good at fighting, but you were good at baking, so you tried your best to bake some nice things to make others feel at least a little bit better. You made a tray of cookies and took them to one of your neighbours in Alexandria to try and make them smile and feel at least the smallest bit better about their impending doom.

It was a better fate being in Alexandria, it was safer than anywhere else but that didn't mean the people there were any more pleasant than elsewhere. The man who lived in the house next door to the family you were taking cookies to had become fond of you and certainly didn't let it go unknown.

You tried to head up onto the porch that you needed without him seeing you but before you could get your foot onto the first step, someone touched your shoulder.

"Y/N," he smirked.

"Hi," you said with a fake smile.

"Why don't you come over to mine?" He offered. "I'm sure we could find something more interesting to do than stand out here."

You tried to keep a pleasant expression on your face, but you desperately wanted to slap him and tell him where to shove it.

"I'm sorry but I'm quite busy currently," you said. "And I have said before, I'm not interested, and I really don't appreciate how you treat me."

"There's no one better than me here," he smirked. "Just let me show you."

His grip got harder on your shoulder and you had to do your best to not shout out at him.

"Please let me go," you frowned. "Or I will make you."

Before either of you could say anything else, the man was pulled away from you. Aiden had seen what was going on and even though he wasn't a great guy himself, he respected you enough to not force himself onto you, so you had to appreciate that in this moment.

"Leave her alone," Aiden glared.

The man didn't argue and headed off to head to his home, to save himself from the wrath of the two of you.

"I can take care of myself," you stated.

Aiden raised his hands in defeat. "I'm sorry, I know you can handle yourself, but I needed an excuse to talk to the most beautiful woman here in Alexandria."

You couldn't help the heat hitting your cheeks.

"Don't be charming," you berated, pulling one of the cookies out of the box that you were carrying. "Here."

He smiled fondly at you. "Thank you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.