Carl Grimes- Argue (h)

You'd never imagined that you would meet your boyfriend whilst running for your life from the things that were going to eat you or kill you or change you.

There could've been worse places to meet someone.

Running for your life pretty much every day was never fun. Not knowing what you would be doing the next day, or where you would be living, it was a daunting prospect.

However, all of that made you appreciate the times where everything was at peace for a little while.

You and Carl had a habit of saving each other, always having each other's backs because you loved him and he loved you – you never wanted to see Carl get hurt, and the one time you didn't do that was the time he lost his eye.

Carl knew that you would've taken that stray bullet instead of him, but you didn't manage it as you were too far away.

He always told you how thankful he was for you not taking that bullet, as that would've been the one thing he couldn't forgive himself for.

You were sat out on the grass in front of the house that Rick had claimed for his family, so you lived there too.

"Baby? What are you doing out here?" Carl's voice came from behind you.

You turned around to see him leaning against the door frame of the front door "Enjoying the sunshine."

He laughed, coming outside to sit down next to you, "Do you ever forget what it used to be like to just be a kid?"

You moved to rest your head in Carl's lap as he stayed sitting "Carl, we haven't had a normal childhood. We're sixteen years old, and yet we have seen more than any adult should have seen in their lifetime," you explained.

He reached across to hold your hand "If it wasn't for this god-awful situation, I would've never met you."

"I think we still would've met," you told him, smiling up at him.

"We lived nowhere near each other Baby."

You shrugged slightly, "So? If the person is meant for the other, then they would've found each other eventually."

He smiled, leaning down to kiss you gently, "We're meant for each other huh?"

"Meant to annoy each other, more like," you heard Rick say from the front door.

Rick made his way down the path to the grass, and stood next to the two of you.

"All we ever hear nowadays is you two arguing like an old married couple."

Carl chuckled, looking up at his Dad, "We don't argue. We have discussions," he defended.

You laughed, sitting up, "We do argue quite a bit, but at least it never blows up."

Rick smiled down at the two of you "I'll leave you two lovebirds to it then. Daryl needs to see me," he quickly told you before walking off down the road.

Carl placed his hand on your cheek, turning your head to face him, "We may argue but I still love you."

"I love you more Grimes."

He rolled his eyes "See? This is what we argue about."

~*~

Written by Hannah.