Sophia Peletier- Daisy Princess (h)

Children didn't deserve this – they didn't deserve to grow up in a place of horror.

They were lucky that they were in the camp. They had a place where there could be some form of home, it wasn't as if they were going to live their life on the run and they wouldn't have a place that could be remotely safe.

It was different for the adults, they didn't depend on people as such and they could make their own decisions; children, until they got to a certain age, depended on their parents and trusted them to keep them safe but safety wasn't guaranteed anymore.

You were Shane's fiancé, so you were often tasked with looking after the children when their parents were doing jobs or out on runs.

Carl had gone down to the stream with Shane, so that left you with just Sophia because the other two children were with their Mum.

You and Sophia were sat on the grass outside the RV, making daisy chains and just having little conversations about random things.

Sophia finished her daisy chain, and reached up to place it on your head "Why thank you" you told her which caused her to giggle, "Does it suit me?" you asked as you cautiously manoeuvred the daisy chain to rest more comfortably on your head.

She nodded with a smile on her face "You're the Daisy Princess" she stated and she giggled again.

You finished up the chain you were making, and put it on Sophia's head "If I am a Princess then you are too" you told her, before you stood up "Your Highness" you said as you pretended to hold the sides of your non-existent dress to curtsey.

Sophia giggled even more, and then mimicked your actions "Am I really a Princess?" she asked as the two of you sat down.

You nodded, beginning to make another daisy chain, "You can be anything you want to be Soph" you smiled at her whilst you talked.

"You're a better Princess – you're really kind and pretty" she complimented you so you pulled her into a hug causing her to laugh.

You let her go and she started to make another daisy chain herself "Thankyou Sophia, that's very sweet of you to say" you thanked her.

She smiled at you, and then waved at someone behind you "Did I hear someone calling you pretty Baby?" Shane said as he knelt beside you.

He pecked your lips quickly and then wrapped his arm around your shoulder "Sophia did" you told him and he nodded in acknowledgement.

"We're Daisy Princesses" Sophia exclaimed causing Shane to laugh, but he then stood up and bowed to the both of you.

"Your Highnesses"

~*~

Written by Hannah.