las posadas

las posadas.

i only have vague memories of this because i've only visited the land of my parents on maybe ten ocassions. most of those ocassions have been to tijuana, so i don't really count it. i've been to michoacan and mexico df twice.

and that was when i was eight and nine years old, so well over ten years ago.

i remember the very first time we went to mexico, we arrived to find my aunt (who was a baker) arguing with some woman. and i honestly thought they were gonna get down.

that was when i met my maternal grandmother for the first time, and it was my first real experience of life in the country of my parents. my sisters and i stayed with my aunt and my parents stayed with my grandma.

in the mornings i used to go with my grandma to the market. 

the memories are so fuzzy, but i remember you can buy soft drinks and they serve them to you in a plastic bag.

anyway, i remember the posadas a bit.

they're these big parties where people sing carols and we break pinatas with all the other kids, and we got bags of candy. then everyone makes a bonfire and sits around it telling stories. its so festive and warm, and nice. i truly felt at home there.

in america people don't really do things like that. i'm so down to go to a posada. someone needs to invite me. haha.

i miss it.

a country i've hardly been to, and i feel like its my home.

two countries fit in the same heart.

my usa and mi mexico lindo.

-clary xx