bimbo & lala

today's post is not really a rant but rather a 'what the hell is wrong with you? i'm laughing so hard; thing. it is about pan bimbo (bimbo bread) and leche lala (lala milk). both are very large mexican companies founded 1945 & 1950. 

their commercials are so funny.

can we just begin with pan bimbo?

okay so in mexico (they didn't show those in the united states), there was a commercial going around during fifa qualifiers. and it featured miguel layun, raul jimenez, and juan carlos 'el negrito' medina.

basically some little boy wants their autograph. he goes, "look mom! the seleccion!"

and so his brother tells him he's got it. and he wedges through the crowd WITH A MOTHERFUCKING SANDWICH ON BIMBO BREAD. 

so layun (babe) approaches the kid. and he says, "can i have that sandwich?"

and the boy says no.

so layun says "i'll give you my seleccion jersey."

the boy says, "its home made." rejecting baby layun.

layun grabs jimenez, who is nearby and says, "my jersey AND jimenez' jersey for the sandwich." and jimenez starts unzipping his jacket. totally willing to trade his fucking $100+ seleccion jersey for a sandwich you could make at your house for free.

still the boy won't let go of the damned sandwich. he says, "sorry. my mum made it."

that's when el negrito medina shows up. and he just says, "what's up?"

jimenez and layun look at each other and the scene cuts off to show the boy with his family. they're walking away, wearing a seleccion jersey, EACH OF THEM. the boy, his little brother and even the mum.

so here is my rant(ish) part. 

WHO WOULD DENY MIGUEL LAYUN A SANDWICH? 

i know its a commercial, but come on. if it were me, i'd give it to him in a second. maybe even write my number on the little napkin wrapping the damn sandwich. and jimenez? shit. even better. my life will have been made at that moment. i mean, jimenez and layun wanting MY sandwich, that I made. el negrito medina i'm not too thrilled about, but he looks like a nice guy so why not give him a sandwich too? heck, sandwiches for everyone!

here comes the breakdown of the LaLa commercial.

so basically there's a little boy eating a cup of LaLa yogurt. and that's when three members of the u17 seleccion show up. i believe it was paco flores, kevin escamilla, and julio gomez. i don't remember who was there exactly. i just remember paco cause he's the only one who talks.

paco tells that boy, "hey, can we have some yogurt?"

the little boy instantly says no.

so then the seleccion players look at each other and paco says, "we'll trade you THE MOMENT IN WHICH WE WON THE WORLD CUP," cause mexico won the world cup for seventeen year old boys in 2011 & 2005. these are the 2011 boys. "for that cup of yogurt."

and this time the boy really thinks about it and the scene cuts off.

the fotball players are walking away and they show the little kid still eating his yogurt.

YES. I UNDERSTAND ITS A COMMERCIAL. BUT ITS JUST SO STUPIDLY FUNNY.

like come on.

someone needs to slap the teeth out of you so you can collect them in the middle of the street if you're willing to trade THE MOMENT WHEN YOU ON THE WORLD CUP for a fucking cup of yogurt. if you want one so bad, go to the fucking super market. i don't know in mexico, but in america a damn LaLa yogurt costs about eighty cents. how much is that in pesos? a rough estimate! $8-$10. not alot.

i mean it is pretty entertaining.

but still.

-clary xx