presidents

so president's day is coming on monday, and we get the day off school/work. god bless america for the presidents. haha. honestly, do any of us know or care who these forty four guys were/are? in this post, i will try to name as many presidents as i can and i will try to also say any details i know about him. i think this is gonna be rather difficult. i know the most recent ones up until roosevelt and before then, i know a few of them here and there.

44. obama. he is half white and half black. he was born in hawaii. first black president. he has two daughtersi think their names are malia and sasha. i don't know if i spelled them right. he has one sister. his wife's name is michelle. i believe he studied law at the university, but i forgot which one he went to. and he was a lawyer before he became a politician. he worked at the lawyer offices which michelle's family own. i'm genuinely surprised i know all these stupid details about him. he was senator of chicago before becoming president. elected 2008-present.

43. bush. he has two daughters; barbara and jenna. i believe they are twins. his wife's name is laura. he was governor of texas. elected 2001-2009. he was president when the world trade center was attacked. i don't know much about him. i also know that no one really likes him.

42. clinton. i think he has one daughter; chelsea. wife; hillary. his wife ran for president in 2007-ish. there was this scandal with him and some woman which he was having intimate meetings with at the white house. i think she was an intern or a secretary. he's most famous for saying, "i did not have sex with that woman."

41. h. w. bush. father of 43rd president bush. wife barbara. i don't know if he has other children, but i think he does. another son. he was on the simpsons once. that's pretty much all i know.

40. reagan. wife nancy. he was an actor before becoming a politician. i don't know much more.

39. carter. all i know about him is that he was the first president to be born in a hospital.

38. ford. nixon's puppet and former vice president. only became president because nixon resigned.

37. nixon. watergate scandal. famous for saying "i am not a crook." almost got impeached, but he resigned before it could be done. got away with spying and other things. got pardoned of his crimes by ford.

36. johnson. former vp for jfk. became president in november 1963 after the jfk assassination. wife; ladybird. he was from texas. rumored to have taken part in jfk & rfk murders. very tall and "intimidating".

35. jfk. THE KING. wife; jackie. children; caroline and john. his presidency was was described as being "1000 days of Camelot" like the legend of king arthur. he was in the navy before he became a politician. his wife was one of the youngest and prettiest, she was one of the most popular first ladies. she was known for her style. jfk had severe back problems ever since he participated in wwii. 

34. eisenhower. wife; mamie. all i know is he was a general in wwii.

33. truman. i know nothing of him. haha.

32. roosevelt. wife; eleanor. had polio when he was younger. he used a wheelchair. served three terms. was president during the great depression.

31. hoover. they named the slums of the depression after him. "hoovervilles".

30. coolidge. blank.

29. idk his name

28. wilson. president during world war one. i only remember his fourteen point plan.

27. 

26. teddy roosevelt. the hunter. big buff guy. intimidating. distant cousin of the other roosevelt.

25. 

24.

23.

22. 

21.

20.

19. 

18. grant. he fought in the civil war on the union side, i believe. one of the most important generals of the war.

17. 

16. lincoln. freed the slaves. president during the civil war. assassinated by james wilks boothe. edit: oops, not james. its john wilkes booth. i was thinking of president james buchanan, but i cant remember which # president he was.

15. 

14.

13.

12.

11. 

10.

9. 

8. 

7. jackson. on the twenty dollar bill.

6. j. q. adams. son of second president.

5. monroe. nothing.

4. madison. nothing.

3. jefferson. wrote the declaration of independence. 

2. adams. father of john quincy, 6th president.

1. washington. fought in revolutionary war. on the one dollar bill. everyone liked him as president so they wanted to make him king of america, but he declined saying that they had fought so hard to be free from the english monarchy. and that it would be stupid to go into another one.

how many do you know? no cheating. haha. i just don't know 17, but that's because i'm a history major. 

HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY ON MONDAY MY AMERICAN FRIENDS.

-clary xx