Like This

3-15-19

I honestly don't know where to start. I'd apologize, but my friends told me I do that too much.

Pero sorry parin. And I want to be completely honest. Maraming nangyayari. Maraming nagbago. Other than the fact na wala talaga akong oras, I feel really uninspired most of these days. Hindi na ako masyadong entangled sa social media, so hindi na rin ako updated sa KN as much. All that I have is the love for them and writing na rin.

This update is not a promise of continuous ones after. I really can't promise that e. I might take another 9 months or even a year. And I'm sorry for that.

Thank you sa nagrreach out pa rin while I was gone through my messages. Sobrang appreciated! @yournemesis26 💙💙💙

-------------------

Kathryn's eyebrows were furrowed as the video rolled to it's beginning, "Ay, okay na pala," She extended her arm to provide a wider view. Then, she smiled.

Behind her, was the familiar background of the park she frequented. She was perched on a rusty, creaking swing; one that must've been older than she was.

She seemed alone.

"Hello, baby."

There was silence.

"If you're currently watching this," She motioned sadly, "I'm sorry."

Daniel's tears raced the length of his face, before inevitably landing on the small screen.

He remembers everything.

"Hindi ko gustong iwanan ka," The Kathryn in tape continued, though her voice was frail and shaky, "That's the last thing I'd ever want to do."

But she did it anyway.

Kathryn signed her life away when she made him promise that he'd choose their son over her, if the situation was to come.

She knew all along how fragile her pregnancy was. How she might die giving birth.

But she opted out of terminating it. She sacrificed herself, even when she knew how much it would hurt him.

He hoped she knew how much of him is dying at the very moment.

"Daniel..." She breathes, eyes steering away from the tiny camera, "Take care of him... Take care of yourself... Even better, find someone who would take care of both of you, because I'm not around to do so."

Was she mental?

How could he ever love anyone else after her?

He stopped the ten-minute video even before it reached the two-minute mark.

Everything hurt. The scars were still raw and new.

With another helpless sob, Daniel let himself cave into the pain of loving her.

--------------

I loved you too secretly for it to be even considered as such; because while people chose to make a grandiose showcase of their affection, I chose to stay quiet and hurt you with my silence.

I'm saying sorry for not recognizing your love as nothing but a ploy. I'm saying sorry for choosing to shut you out when all you ever really did was smile cheekily while you pestered me with your love.