Forever Thankful

11-03-16

Deepest apologies to the one who asked for a "taking care of the baby-ish" type one shot. I'm sorry, I don't think I'm experienced enough to even know how to properly hold a baby. Hindi rin kasi enough yung magbasa lang ako. I'll try next time, but for now, ito lang kinaya. Don't hate mehhhh.

Nga pala! Grabe yung The 10th, yun yung may highest number of votes sa lahat ng one shots na ginawa ko. Thank you! Hahahahahahahahaha nagulat ako!

---------------------------

"Eh bali," Kathryn made a face and crossed her arms, "Hindi nga pwede, love e. Ibili nalang kita nang lipsticks."

In ten seconds, her eyes were starting to water.

It broke his heart to see her that vulnerable.

"Gusto ko lang naman mag-nail polish e." Kathryn sniffed, her nose starting to attain a reddish color, eyes pebbled as more tears ran along her also reddening cheeks.

"Love." Daniel helplessly shakes his head. He has to endure seeing her cry.

He's been told not to let his wife wear nail polishes, as it contains something that can affect their child.

He couldn't risk that. He couldn't risk any of their lives.

Close eyed, he sighs. All of a sudden he wanted to cry, too.

"Tapos ngayon....." She murmurs softly, "Natitiis mo na ako......"

Daniel could only grunt. What was he supposed to do?

"Kath...... please. Kahit ito lang, I'll let you eat as much cheesecake you want for a week, just please don't push this one." He shivers.

"Natatakot kasi ako." He swallows. "Natatakot ako na baka may mangyari sa anak natin. Natatakot ako na baka mawala siya satin, and soon enough, you'll leave me, too. Hindi ko kailanman gugustuhing tiisin ka, but this is a different case, Kath. Please. Please."

"I'm sorry I have to restrain you. Think about our baby, mommy." With his head down, Daniel walks out the room.

He has to clear his mind.

Soon, he finds himself alone in their marbled kitchen. Holding a glass of water, staring at the moon that gleamed ever so beautiful.

Kathryn loved sceneries like this.

Most of their dates comprised of them laying on a thin blanket, the darkened sky sprawled across the air above them, the stars and the moon accompanying it.

"Bali, do you think the moon is lonely?" She asks one night. He turns to see if she was looking, but she was admiring the moon.

"I don't think so." He replies, and she was quick to retreat. "Nagiisa siya. And as beautiful as she is tonight, we all know na hiram niya lang kay sun yung glow niya."

"She's not alone, she's never alone. She has us, doesn't she?" He cracks a grin, and continues. "Yes, Hiram niya Kay sun yung glow niya. But the sun could never do whatever the moon does. Si sun, masakit sa mata. Si moon, masarap sa mata. But still, the sun plays an important role. And the moon, too."

Kathryn smiled. He knew she was satisfied with his answer.

"Bali." A sobbing Kathryn hugged his waist from behind. "Shhh." He turns to her, carefully wiping her tears away.

"I'm sorry." She whispered softly. "It's okay na. Stop crying na, love, makakasama sa baby natin yan."

She nods a few times, wiping the tears herself as Daniel settled on cradling her face in his hands.