Perfect Thursday

11-1-15

"Oh come on, Juls." She retorts, "You can't break up with him just because of a kiss. A kiss on the cheek! Gosh, maybe she's a sister you've never been introduced to!" She retaliates.

Because really, what are the odds.

A sigh after another, she shook her head, patiently placing the pen on her working bench. "Look, Juls. Do you really think he's gonna go around and kiss girls after waiting for years to be with you again? Oh god, you and I know how crazy your boyfriend is!"

"But what if he got used to not having me around?" She sighs, tears pooling around her eyes.

"It doesn't work that way............ I don't think that would ever be possible......... unless you're me." She chuckles. How fake.

"Give him a chance, okay? Just ask him, that's it, okay? I really gotta go, it's Thursday. Bye." Dropping the call, she felt the tears cautiously dripping against her pale cheeks.

It hurt. She can vaguely recall the last day she truly felt alive.

Because right now, blood was still flowing through her veins. Her heart was beating hardly against her chest. Her eyes were still capable of pouring out tears. Her mouth can still produce endless complaints. Her fingers and hand can still carelessly wipe the tears away. But not the pain.

Her soul was lost, and she could not be bothered to find it.

Because it died, along with his memory of her.

----------------------
A stressful Thursday.

"God Kathryn, how could you be so stupid." She groans, biting her lower lip, arms getting weary, eyes uncontrollably wandering, looking for the sketch book she supposedly left at the same park.

That was when she finally saw it.

What she's been looking for ever since.

............ but as soon as she saw his face, his firm figure she might add, she stopped on her tracks.

For the first time in three years....

His eyes critiqued the sketch book just lying there on the park bench. Curiously enough, he picks it up, delicately flipping through the pages.

She slapped a hand to her mouth. "no, he can't see those last pages"

The last pages were sketches of him, and it couldn't be mistaken to be anyone else but him. He was distinct, and she had the capability to copy his whole perfectly. Every single detail was there, just as she remembered. All the birthmarks and moles in the right places.

She got to him even before he could get through half of it. "Um, hello. Th-That sketch book is mine." She fiddled with her fingers.

As he paid close attention to the girl claiming ownership of the wondrous thing that his hand held, he felt his heart leap.

And it left him wondering. No one ever made his heart leap, not even to the slightest bit. How could this girl, do it? How was it possible?

"I'm sorry, I'm not really comfortable with anyone looking at my sketches, I have to take that back-" The moment her soft hands came in contact with his, he shivered. First, the heart leap, now, he felt a shot of electricity flow through his veins. He gaped. How?