In His Arms

WARNING : This covers a bit of sensitive topics so feel free to stop reading if it bothers you. Semi-inspired by the FNAF book, Silver Eyes, so I guess that's a dead giveaway.

Italicized are FLASHBACKS

---------------------

The car came to a halt in front of the oddly familiar house. It stood there, the yellow paint it had fading to an almost off-white color, some sections scrapped and frayed.

It made her heart stop. It made it hard for her to breathe. It made her mind run endlessly. It made her shiver even to the slightest bit.

She was startled by the car's door opening. The car door was now widely open for her, just enough for her to slid through. It was held open by her driver for years.

"Miss." A baritone voice made her snap back into reality. It almost sounded as if he was impatient, but he was not. There he stood, smiling at her, not a single hint of annoyance.

"Are you okay?" The question hit her. Was she okay? She would've asked herself. Was she ready to face this?

"Just.... overwhelmed." He nodded to address her reason, but he didn't seem convinced. But he let her off. His arm reluctantly pulled the door even wider for her, before heading to the back to unload her luggage.

She was second thinking. Yes. She had ample time to back out. Should she? No. She shouldn't.

It was time to finally be brave.

She could feel the heaviness of the grief as she stepped out the car. The cold wind hit her. Only adding up to the shivers she felt just by staring at the house.

It made her core tremble.

She took small steps. As if internalizing.

And when she stood on the front porch, it hit her.

Like a whirring black hole, it sucked her in and for a fleeting moment, everything that happened was thrown right in front of her.

She watched as it unfolded. Every single memory.

The memories she wished to forget. The feeling she wished to bury. The pain..... the excruciating pain that reminds her. Of him.

And then, she saw a tinge of the future. A future that could have been if he was still here. If he was still alive and kicking.

But he wasn't. She does not know if he was.

She remembers that very moment.

It was slowly getting to her. Her anxiety was slowly taking over. Her thoughts feeding her depression even more.

Anxiety. Depression. A year after the incident, she started to develop anxiety and depression. She had a fair share of panic attacks, one of which has thankfully not killed her, but it made her life a living hell.

What made it worse was he was not there to help her cope.

The images of him were completely visible. Her eyes would close and all she would see was him. She remembers how he smiled brightly. She remembers how he called her by her second name-- Chandria. She remembers everything.