The 10th

10-29-16

A little something that came to my mind just recently.
-------------------

Kathryn bats her eyelashes innocently, letting the camera capture it
perfectly.

Around her were tons of light boxes, emulating the glow the team had wished to get, serving as it is during that night. Their almost half a million worth chandelier served no justice.

It was special.

It wasn't just another photoshoot. It wasn't for promotion or anything.

Tonight was the fifteenth Star Magic Ball. Tenth of which she was able to attend to.

Still, the people around her were the same way back five years ago.

After one last smile, a loud scream caught her attention. The door of the guest room was slightly ajar, and from the lights around them, she could see a familiar silhouette.

"Love!" Daniel goes straight to her, ladling a whole cheesecake on one hand, and a bouquet of flowers of different variations on the other.

He softly kisses the top of her head, then her nose. She knew he could've full on kissed her on the lips if not for the muted brown lipstick she had on.

"Cheesecake?" He offers to her sweetly. John Valle took care of taking the bouquet.

"Ate Den, paabot naman po noong forks diyan."

"Nako Kathryn anak, mamaya na." Her mom scolds her, and she could do nothing but pout.

"Mama Min, kanina pa ho nanghihingi 'to e." Daniel scratched the back of his head, "Ngayon lang ho ako nakapagpabili gawa nang ayaw man ho bumitaw."

Kathryn giggled, obviously guilty.

"Ma, one slice lang, please?"

Min shook her head before smiling. "Sige na."

But she ate half, and she swore she could've indulged into it fully if she wasn't pursued to stop. The other half was stowed away in their refrigerator, because Daniel knew she'd want more of that later that night.

Or should he say, two in the morning.

"Bye Mr and Mrs Ford! Enjoy your first SMB as a married couple!" The crew waved at them from their front porch.

That's what made it even more special.

It was their first as officially Mr and Mrs.

"Are you ready, Mrs Ford?" Daniel had clasped her hand on his. Propping a sweet kiss on it.

"I am."

----------------------

They were not engaged during their 9th SMB as attendees. It was December, the 25th, when he dropped the bomb and fell on his knees.

She could share it for the world to hear.

She was busy singing on the karaoke, a Christmas hit, All I Want For Christmas Is You, when she noticed his absence.

After her song, he came, smile frozen, and as if trembling. He sang, "Only Thing I Ever Get For Christmas"

He was down his knees after the last note. His shaky hands presenting a beautiful ring for her to wear and everyone would gossip how expensive it must've been.