Lapses

01-15-18

🎉HAPPY NEW YEAR!🎉

WTH we're already halfway through the first month of 2018. I already had my 3rd quarter exams (iLS nalangggg) and soon enough, I'll be graduating. WTH IS THIS REAL. TAPOS 18TH BIRTHDAY KO PA SA MISMONG GRAD PROPER NAMIN 😂😂😂😂😂

The start of the year is quite good because I did not need two months to post an update! Right?! Napakaeme! Hopefully, this will serve as a precedence to the incoming months! Lalo na sa summer! 4 months yata summer break ko HAHAHAHA😂

💙💙💙 All the love! 💙💙💙

-------------------------------

From his calculations, there were ten highlighted lapses for the past twenty years wherein something clicked inside him. It was his enlightenment to his apparent feelings for his childhood sweetheart.

The first one could be dismissed as lighthearted worry. Growing up to have six siblings of the same sex truthfully built him to be basically a 'superhero' who'd come to the rescue after hearing the cry for help of others, because his brother's would kid him on if he wasn't heroic in nature.

It was when Kathryn was finally let out of the house to play - play actual outdoor games which involved a lot of physical aggression. It didn't turn out good.

She wasn't even halfway through the backyard, where he waited, when she tripped on something ; a four-inch across marble conveniently sticking out as she strode towards him.

Her bullet tears had him frazzled and running to sought help. With her cheeks red from excessive tear wiping and her bottom lip jutting, he secretly smiled to himself.

The second had to be their first day of primary school. As a seven year old, Kathryn still had a very hard time negotiating with... Nature calls?

They arrived together early. They've gone past the crybaby stage (to which he lasted a full school year of tantrums at after realizing that his mom wasn't waiting outside like she promised - Kathryn's spanned all four preschool years), but he kept sticking with her because he wasn't quite confident with her 'bravery', yet.

In the middle of introducing herself, Daniel noted how her face creased after every word. He was sure from the chorus of laughter that he wasn't the only one who knew, so he got to his feet as soon as she finished, but she sped off to the bathroom.

"I did it!" She boasted, both hands resting on either side of her hips, "I peed on the toilet bowl! Are you proud of me?" The little girl batted her eyelashes, waiting for his response.

Daniel's seven year old self had his cheeks deep crimson, completely taken by her.

On the third one, it was when they celebrated New Year's Eve together. It was originally her mother who asked them to come over for the event, but as he had brothers that are young and full of mischief, his mother insisted to have it at theirs.

Even though his brothers made sure to piss him off by trying to grab her attention, Kathryn's focus was only on him. Sure, she smiled if they called out her name, but she was pretty much stuck to his side.

The seat next to him was occupied by her as they ate. Choruses of Happy New Years were exchanged, and he was proud to claim that he was the first one she greeted.