So In Love

3-22-16

Life is hard.

It was the truth that Kathryn has learned to grasp on more so.

Oo, pumuputak parin siya pag hindi nakukuha ang gusto niya. (Daddy's girl, at prinsesa ng pamilya kasi)

She still grunts whenever her alarm wakes her up early in the morning. (She was NEVER much of a morning person)

Naliliyo parin siya kapag nakakakita ang mga katrabaho niya na pinagmamayabang ang halatadong galing Divisoria na Hermes bag. (If only she could show them what an authentic Hermes bag looks like.)

She still complains of having to wash the dishes after dinner. (She wished she had one of those dishwashers from home)

Iniiyakan parin niya ang pagkawala ng kuryente dahil hindi pa siya nakakapagbayad.(Gipit ang sweldo)

But it's not like she ever had a choice.

She wasn't living in luxury anymore.

Kailangan niyang gumising ng maaga, para makakain siya ng tatlong beses araw araw. Kailangan niyang magtiis sa 500 pesos worth na handbag wag lang mawala ang gamit at pera niya.

She has to stick to her budget, if she wanted to be able to have light to pacify the darkness of the small apartment she's renting.

Ang puno't dulo, kailangan niyang mabuhay ng hindi man puro luho, Malaya naman siya at masaya.

She had to survive being an ordinary person, because frankly, she can't bear to marry a man she does not love.

And that was the problem of being rich. You somehow become a goldmine and a product to be traded just for money.

Many may say that money makes the world go round, but she begged to differ.

Love is what makes the world go round.

Napangiti siya ng makita ang pangalan ng nagsend ng text sa kanya.

'Love, I'll pick you up later ha? 5 sharp. Love youuuuu'

Thank God she had Daniel. All the sacrifices were somehow worth it.

--------------------------

"Deej, where are we going ?" Tanong niya habang palinga linga sa paligid. It was somewhat familiar for some odd reason. Pero hindi niya mapinpoint kung saan talaga.

"I think it's time to introduce you to my family." He says smiling, bago kinuha ang kamay niya at hinalik halikan ito.

"What?! Are you serious? Ugh nakakahiya ang suot ko!" It was true, she was wearing plain denim jeans and an old shirt. Kung alam lang niya, she would've worn the dress she bought recently.

"Babe, you look beautiful," "But--!"

"Ep! Maganda ka kahit anong suotin mo. You don't have to dress up for my family. You'll be a part of it soon." Napalubog siya sa inuupuan sa sinabi nito.

"I want to at least look presentable." Napanguso nalang siya. "It will be fine, I promise. Plus, intensyon ko naman talagang di sabihin, kasi gusto ko komportable ka sa suot mo pagpunta natin. I want you to be your best, and you are your best when you're yourself. So don't worry okay. They'll love you!" Nakuntento nalang siya sa sinabi ni Daniel. She knows him well enough to trust his words.

--------------------------

She was starting to get fidgety.

She sucks with this meet-the-parents kind of thing! Not like she was in the same situation before, but that's the point! It was her first time, and she had hopes for this to be the last time! She had to make a good impression.