Never Too Far

Won't be online for a long time, I'm not sure.

3-26-15

Second

"Everybody out there, don't ever take anybody for granted.... 'cause you never know when you might lose him..... and you may never get the chance to tell him how you really feel...." - Mariah Carey, from the movie, Glitter.

---------

You're with me....... Till the bitter end...

"I don't want to go." I confessed. It was one day close. To the day I feared the most.

I was scared for myself. And for him too.

What we had trancends..... This experience....

Two years I've spent, soul searching. Two years that seemingly flew past like a wind. Two years that I finally, found myself. And there after, I found love.

Something that I thought was impossible.

Too painful to...... talk about..... so I'll hold it in...

"Then don't." He replies, almost to immediately. "Don't go. Don't leave. You don't have to. Just stay." He begged sourly.

"You were here because you were meekly finding a home. You told me of your ventures that have failed. The ventures before you found a home here. A home with me. I just can't grasp on the mere thought of being left again...... We belong together." He lets out an exhausted sigh.

"It's for the best."

Till my heart can mend....

That was what I was making myself believe.

It's for the best. No precise and actual reason as to why, but I knew it was for the best. We were mere young adults - only having been 20 and 21 - and there's still a lot that future has in store for us.

I didn't...... I didn't want to ruin it for him.

"It's for the best." His voice lowered, "Fine. Okay. I'll try to put up with the façade. I don't want to spend my last day with you arguing..."

And be brave enough.... to love again...

"Thank you." It was that of a bitter appreciation.

"I guess I should be honest with you now," Daniel mumbles, "Please don't think of it as if I'm trying to play guilt trip with what I'm about to say. I don't think this will stop you. But you deserve the truth."

A place, in time..... still belongs to us....

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me," He starts, reaching out for her hand, in which I gave in return. "I'm not even joking when I say that."

"I tried to," He juts, "You know. I tried to avoid you." It surprised me.

Sure, we had open conversations often, we shared all our secrets with each other, there was nothing left unsaid. He told me every single thing about him, and I did the same, through it took a few months to finally feel the security of telling. But I never heard of him speaking like this, about me.

"The moment I saw you walking around the outskirts of town, I figured you as somewhat a new comer. I think it was the glint of happiness and amusement in your eyes. I found interest in you. Who knew I'd find so much more."