Still Thursday

11-3-15

"Do you really have to go?" He asks for the hundredth time, it was far too impeccable. How was she going to leave him?

"I wish I didn't have to...." She smiles, but truly, it didn't reach her eyes.

Her eyes weren't shining like they used to. He felt the guilt. It was already hard for her to say goodbye, and he was only doing nothing but making it harder for her. "You're coming back, right?"

He saw the doubt reflecting her eyes. God, who was he kidding. He knew to himself that she can't assure him of that.

"Fine, fine," He exasperates, "I know you're getting tired of me, being sappy and all, and I know you're not coming back any time soon...... but I'll be here, I'll be waiting for you..... no matter how long it takes, okay?"

"For the meantime, I guess I'll take what I can get."

---------------------

A dull week ahead.

The day was coming. The day his life would probably be meaningless. God, he just wants to bump his head over and over again just to forget the pain.

"I'm up! What time are we leaving?" He tried to make his voice cheery, but the sadness betrayed him.

"We're..... we're already here," The small tiny voice replied, almost enraged, he confronts her."Huh? Where?"

"The airport......"

"Why? Your flight is not until the first,"

"The flight was rescheduled."

"Since when?" He stayed calm, "last night."

"You.... you didn't even bother to tell me....."

"I'm sorry."

"I just wanted to see you for the last time......... because I do know that it'll take years to see you again......... was that too much?" He gave in. It was 8 am, on a sunny thursday, much to his dismay.

"I can't do this anymore...." It broke his heart. "I can't handle a long distance relationship...... I can't....."

"I'm sorry for loving you too much, I'm sorry for wanting to give you up because I knew it was the best for you. I'm sorry for not fighting hard enough, because we're talking about your future here. It hurts, so damn bad to say this, but I always knew that I'm being to ambitious. I always knew you'd choose art, not me. I just wanted you to fight for me too."

"Staying would've been enough...."

"Daniel......"

"Just come back....... I'm assuring you that i'd still be waiting. On the day you come back, It'll still be Thursday to me."

He dropped the call. It was obvious that she didn't want him to go see her. He had to respect that.

Funny as it is, she didn't respect his last wish. But he loved her. It was enough for him to do the thing she failed to do for him.

Maybe, maybe she'll come back. But rest assured, he'll be loving her still.

-----------------------