Special Ingredient

8-22-15

It was another one of those gloomy mornings.

One of which he expected to wake up beside a familiar sleeping form he has grown fondly with, he was ridiculously disappointed.

A sigh after another, he chose to stay, in the warm sheets of the bed. But it wasn't of any help.

He was still freezing. And cold as ice.

--------------------------------------

FLASHBACK

"Mmmm.." She hums as she entered the kitchen. The sight of Daniel's Back turned to her drew a smile across her face.

"You're up early." She retorts.

"Good Morning." He says cheekily before placing a plate of messily cooked eggs in front of her.

She chuckles. "Baby, I know I'm not a great cook... I don't even know how to cook proper eggs...... but you've done so much for me, so I thought I should do something for you......"

Her smile was enough to reassure him. He watched as she smilingly started eating. She brought the spoon to her mouth, it wasn't long until she talked.

"Hmm.... there's something on it, like a special ingredient....... I think I know what it is...."

Confused, he shrugs. He didn't put anything on it, just a pinch of salt here and there.

"Perhaps........ cooked with Love?"

And he just hugged her.

----------------------

"Ah damn." Mahinang reklamo ni Daniel matapos makitang napasama ang shell ng itlog sa kawali.

"Eh, whatever." Soon he was carelessly flipping the egg.

Nakasimangot na inilapag niya ang pinggan sa mesa. At nagsimulang kumain.

"Pwe!" He spits the egg out.

"Tanga Daniel. Nakalimutan mo yung asin!" Isang mahinang sapak ang naibigay niya sa sarili. Nakatungong inilagay niya sa lababo ang plato.

"Hindi 'ko talaga kayang mabuhay ng wala ka, Kath." Naiiling na sabi niya sa sarili.

Because really, all of him was only devoted to that special ingredient- as what she told him. All he knew was to Love her.

And without her, he can't function well.
---------------------------

Asiwa si Daniel mula kanina pa.

"Ma, diba 8:30 ang lapag nila? Ma, 9:15 na. Bakit ang tagal? Kinakabahan na po talaga ako."

Mahinang tinapik siya nito sa balikat. "Nadelay lang iyon, anak."