Protection

When Jay was about to talk, Mr Holden came out from the shop.

''Mr Erickson, we found Parker'', he informed.

''w....wait a minute...'', I was shocked. ''As far I know, I just told Jay about it. How can...'', I turn to see Jay who was shrugging his shoulder. ''Damn, what are you? Telepathy user?'', I asked exasperatedly.

''Jessy, everyone inside can hear you clearly'', Mr Holden voice make me cover my mouth shockingly.

''Everything means.... M...M...My confession too?'', I asked and he nodded. Jay was laughing evilly. ''Oh shit!!'', I groaned in embarrassment. ''shut up Jay'', I step onto his feet and he groaned while lifting up his leg.

''Oucch... that hurts woman!!''

After that, since I forced Jay, he allowed me to tag along to meet with Parker. Parker is arrested, thanks to Mr Holden acquaintance and now he's in a basement. He was beaten up pretty badly.

''I've warned you but you didn't listen to me!!'', Jay shows a sign to his guard and he punches him on his face. Blood is flowing from his nose. Somehow I feel pity to see him.

''l...let me go....'', he cried. ''I...w...won't d...do it anymore'', he groaned in pain.

''I can't assure you, buddy. Setting you free is like digging my own grave. Sorry to not sorry. Die you son of a bitch!! That's your price for hurting my girl'', he flutters my heart when he said those words.

''Let us go Jessy'', grabbing my hand, he steps forward.

''Wait.. please wait... Someone asked me to kill her, not me'', he shouted. Jay and I turned back to see him.

Someone asked to kill me? What the fuck is happening?

''What you mean?'', Jay asked.

''Yes... I'm telling the truth. I don't know who that girl was. But a few days back, I received a parcel in front of my house without having the name of the sender. Opening it, I found a gun, money and a phone. When the phone rang, I attended it; it was a woman's voice. She told me that she knows everything about me; how you humiliated me and how much I want to take revenge on both of you. She said if I do what she wanted, she will reward me with a lump sum of money. I was greedy. That's why I accepted her offer. Not only that, she told that she wants to make Jessy suffers; saying that her last punishment on her is not enough''

''what punishment?'', Jay asked.

''I don't know. She sounded really crazy and creepy but I ignore her. She gave me my first task after bank in some money to me'', he looked hesitant to proceed.

''Tell me bastard'', the guard was gripping his hair, pulling it harshly.

''To kill her daughter'', he said while groaning in pain but I was stunned.

To kill my daughter? Julissa?

''that time she messaged to come over the park to finish off Julissa. You guys seem like looking happy and the kids were playing with Jessy and with another woman there. So I was waiting for my chance and when the ball was rolling towards the road and that girl was chasing it behind, I move my car speedily towards her but... you saved her'', he said guiltily.

''She was so mad on me because I failed to kill her. Then suddenly her mood changes the next day. She told me that she loves seeing Jessy suffer and she wants to see more. Then she instructed me to kill Jessy in the park'', he ended.

''Who is that person?'', Jay asked seriously.

''I don't know but whoever she is, she's really cunning. She was watching you guys since the beginning and she knew every detail about every one of you people'', he replied.

''And yes...'', he suddenly looks like remember about something. ''There was once I accidentally heard someone who was calling her from behind..... if not mistaken....her name starts with T... ummm...''

''Tanya?'', Jay asked and he nodded eagerly. ''Yes, Tanya... Tanya was her name'', he replied.

Damn that bitch.... how dare she tried to hurt my daughter? If I meet her again, she's so death!! What I did until she wants to take revenge on me? God.... How cruel she's!!

Lastly, Jay didn't' kill Parker but he was brought to the police station. He said the law will punish him for his crimes, not him.

Mr Holden was driving the car. No one talks anything and I glance at Jay who is sitting beside me in the passenger's seat, looking all serious. I don't know what Tanya is planning now but whatever it is, she determines to carry her revenge game.

I lay my head on his shoulder. He always makes me secure in his arms. Opening his arm, he pulled me into his chest and wrapped me.

''you OK?'', he asked and I nodded.