Mystery Girl

AFTER FIVE YEARS.....

JAY POV

''Mr Erickson, they accepted our propaganda'', Isabella informed me.

''Good. They don't have any other options left either. Prepare a date. I'll sign the contract'', I ordered.

''Sure sir'', she replied.

''Yo man'', Dev suddenly barges inside my room. This guy never changes. ''Hey Bel'', he winked.

''Hello to you Mr Dev'', she chuckled. ''I take leave then''

''Umm... Bel'', I called her. She turned to see me. ''thank you''

She smiled and nodded. After she walks out, Dev was drumming his fingers on my table.

''what?'', I asked him.

''Nothing'', he shrugged. ''seems like someone is falling in love....'', he whistles.

''Jeez.... you are exaggerating'', shaking my head, I grab the file in front of me.

''Why not? You like her too, isn't it? Do you think I don't know that you kissed her last time?'', he was teasing me.

''I was drunk. That's all'', I replied.

''Drunk uh?'', smirking, he was playing with the small crystal ball on my table. ''I do know what it can lead us''

Banging the file on my desk, I stare at him seriously. Dev always tries to hit my nerve by digging into my past. Don't they know that I get over it?

''Fine Fine... I'm sorry'', he scoffed. I didn't say anything. ''so, still coming over for the party tonight?'', he winked. I nodded lightly. He won't let me if I say NO.

After he left, I open my third drawer. I still keep her photo. Indeed, after she left, many things changed. Elina told me that she back to her hometown. When I found her with him.... I felt the pain. The pain was like a knife being twisted in my spine. It shots up fast, erasing every thought from my head and paralyzing my body. Apparently, I screamed, but I don't recall that part, only the pain. It couldn't have lasted long though, the screaming, because by the time the paramedics arrived my speech could only come out in faltering gasps as I struggled to make my brain listen to their voices and respond with something appropriate.

There were sometimes I wanted to go search for her. I want to know whether she's fine after she tried to commit suicide. Even when I tried to sleep with some random girls, I couldn't do it. Something always stopped my track. Andrew and Fin miss her very much but they never tell me about it to not make me sad. The house was quiet after she left.... Regardless, our bonding is stronger than anything. After all, I only have them in my life.

''Mr Erickson, please to have you here'', Mr Davies welcomed me warmly in his office.

''Likewise'', I replied.

''I hope you had a good trip. By the way, all the accommodation for you has been fixed. You and your team will be staying in my hotel. My assistant will guide you over this place'', he informed.

''Sure''

Currently, Dev and I are working on in a new project signed by Davies. It might take a few weeks to sort the things here. Five of us (Dev, Isabella, Elina, Justin and me, myself) came to this city to work on in this new project. Not to mention, Andrew and Fin emotionally blackmailed me to bring them along since they are on two months school break right now. Andrew is 19 years old, school topper and accepted in Newton University, one of the best universities which is located in the city I'm living. Whereas Fin is 11 years old, still in elementary school. Like last time, he's still shy on people around him.

Everyone seems tired except for Dev. So we decided to walk around this city whereas others choose to rest in their room.

''Nice city, isn't it?'', Dev stated when we walked inside a coffee shop. We take the window side table.

''Yeah... it's not big neither small'', I replied.

The waiter serves us the coffee for us. Turning my sight towards the window, I saw a teenage girl holding a little girl, probably six or five years old, waiting to cross the road. She was in a casual dress with a cute hat on her head. After the pedestrian light showed up, she crosses the road.

''Excuse me'', one voice snapped me out. Turning my head, I saw a little girl in front of me. ''this is my table'', she raised her brow. She has a short bob cut hair, brown eyes, dressed in small top and jeans.

''huh... your place?'', Dev looked puzzled.

''You both are new here?'', she guessed it correctly. ''No wonder'', smirking, she walks to the counter. The waiter was talking with her; smiling. After grabs her tray of Latte and a piece of cake, she walked towards our table. Without saying anything, she gets up to the chair beside me and sat on it.

''don't mind. I used to sit her'', she shrugged.

''wow.... That's.... amazing'', Dev said in amuse. ''I never saw a little girl wandering alone like this. Where are your parents?'', he asked.

''My mom is working in the bakery. And I run away from the tuition'', she replied.

''why?''

''Well, literally my teacher chase me out from the class'', she simply stated. ''that bitch said anyone who thinks he's stupid may stand up! So, nobody stands up. So the teacher said, 'I'm sure there are some stupid students over here!'.... then I stood up'', she paused taking a sip from her Latte.

''o....ok... so, you think you are stupid?'', Dev asked hesitantly.

''Nop, in fact, the teacher ask the same question, 'Oh, Ju, you think you're stupid?'', she mimicked the teacher's voice. ''so, I told her, 'No... I just feel bad that you're standing alone''', Dev and I busted out in a laugh.

Damn, this girl is something else. She enough to fool her own teacher....

''She thinks she's the Miss World and treated some people badly. That's why'', she shrugged. Turning my side, ''what's your name, Mr Silent?''

''How about you tell yours?''

''First come first serve'', she smirked. ''Anyway, I don't mind either. I'm Julissa. People call me Ju'', she says as she eats the cake.

''Jay, I have to go now. Elina was asking about me. You wanna follow?''

''No... I will catch you later'', Dev rushed out.

''Let me guess. His lover?'', she asked.

''You have a sharp mind, girl'', I spoke.

''touché'', she smiled.

''So tell me, don't you scared roaming alone here?''

''Nop. Everyone knows me here because of my mom'', pulling out a card, she gives it to me. ''This my mom's bakery shop. ''stop by if you pass through the shop. But don't leave empty-handed. My mom will curse you to death for sightseeing'', her words make me chuckled.

''So, she can cook well?''

''Oh trust me, she sucks'', Ju groaned. ''If you wish to die early, feel free to ask her to cook. She will be overwhelmed''

Suddenly I remembered back Jessy. Her actions last time...

''but her cupcakes are everyone's favorite. I assure you that'', she added.

''I... have work to do'', when I about to stand, she grabs my finger with her soft, small fingers.

''You forgot your phone'', she grabs my iPhone and shows it to me. I took it from her hand. ''and you're welcome'', she continues eating her cake. ''by the way if you want to come over the shop, tell this password. Nincompoop. You will get a special discount'', she smiled.

Nincompoop....?? I don't know whether I should be amused or call it stupid....

**********************************

Hope you are enjoying the story so far.... Drop your comments and vote!!