A new start

JESSY POV

I storm inside the coffee shop to look for her. As I expected, she was at her usual place, eating cake.

''Julissa'', I scoffed exasperatedly.

''Here comes the devil'', she shrugged. Pinching her ear, she groaned in pain.

''Oh mom, please....''

''How could you eat here, not my shop?'', I pouted my lips. ''traitor''

''Well, I was just checking their recipe'', she shrugged.

''Hahaha... Jessy, I thought you are pissed off because she runs away from her tuition teacher'', the shop's manager, also my enemy in business, Mr. Watt chuckled beside me.

''oh speaking of which... damn you Ju... why the hell you terrified her?'', I shake my head in disbelief. ''you bullied her!!''

''mom, she's a bitch''

''JU!!'', I don't know who taught that word, must be this Tilly girl. She influenced her so much. Damn, that girl. I'm going to kill her today

''Fine, sorry... come on mom, she thinks she's beautiful and showing off herself but little did she knows that my mom is the prettiest girl in this word'', her words brighten up my mood.

''hehehe.... Isn't it?'', I grinned. ''I know I'm pretty''

''Indeed darling...'', Mr Watt supported. He's like a father for me who always supported me after grandma's death two years back. It was devastating. If not because of grandma, I wouldn't be here anyway. Grandma and her granddaughter, Tilly are good to me; take good care of me when I was stranded in the street; teach me to do cupcakes and supported my back.

They never asked my past but treated me well. Only they looked overwhelmed hearing the news that I was pregnant. When my own family disregards me because of this pregnancy, they show me the real meaning of love. Thankfully, I never had aborted my child. If not she won't be here, with me. My hope. The reason for me to alive. Julissa.... My daughter. My only daughter.

''Jessy, I want 50 cupcakes this weekend for my housewarming party'', Mr Watt informed me again.

''Done Mr Watt'', I winked. ''and what's the password?''

''Nincompoop'', he exclaimed.

''Yeah'', I show my palm and he hits it.

''Jeez.... childish'', Ju shakes her head. Sometimes I really wonder whether she's five years old. Most people said that she acted as a mature girl. Indeed, she never budges on anyone easier.

''here you goooo'', I carried her in my arms by bridal style and kiss her around her face. She was giggling.

''m...mom''

''tell the password'', I say in between my kisses.

''I love you, you love me, Mom is great!!'', she sings. I stopped and smirked.

''you lost, I win''

''Gosh, wait until I get my chance'', she pouted cutely.

I smile seeing her reaction.

''Jessy sis'', Tilly entered the shop. ''I heard a new movie is coming out. Wanna join?'', she asked excitedly. She becomes overwhelmed when it comes about the movie. She just loves it so much!!

''Nop. Work first. I have many customers today'', I stated boldly.

''ugghh... don't mention your cooking please'', she groaned. ''they just love your cupcakes not your other dishes'', she deadpans.