Confrontation

JESSY POV

I saw them walking away from me. Seeing Jay's face, I couldn't pretend to smile anymore. He looked uncomfortable and most probably wouldn't expecting meeting me here, especially Julissa. He looks at me like a stranger, yet worse. Instead of the fragile soul he loved for so long he sees an enemy.

Jay, I never sought to hurt you. It's as if all that love became pain, pain became fear and the fear sowed hatred strong enough to break us. Maybe that's the way things go, a strong hate to break a strong love, to erect walls, to protect the self.

Receiving many orders from my regular customers, I was busy as hell. I'm short of hands to help. So I had to put a closed board, so that I can concentrate to work on the orders first.

After I make two dozen pancakes, I wrap it nicely. Then I started to make another dozen. When I was putting the necessary ingredients inside the bowl, the flour slipped from my hand and make me dripped in the flour.

Damn....

Putting my plan to make the third dozen aside, I walked to upstairs to get a quick bath. Someone was ringing the bell many times. I thought it was a client, so I quickly put on a long white shirt and rushed to downstairs. Unfortunately for me, it was Parker. His eyes were roaming on my body.

Ugghh.... I regretted to wear this dress now

''what's up?'', I asked.

''Hey, you look.... Amazing'', he smirked.

''Sorry Mr Parker. I'm busy right now. Can you tell me what you want?''

''well, you know my father asked for the rental fees'', he stated while looking at me with his pervert eyes. ''or else... I can make it as free of charge if you....''

''No thanks Mr Parker. I have your money'', closing the door, I walked inside the kitchen to take the money I keep in my drawer. After grabbing it, I turn back and get started when I see him just in front of me.

''w...what the...''

''Oh... sorry'', he steps towards me and I step back automatically. ''I just want to see whether you are safe. I feel uneasy you know....'', he was smiling cynically.

''Mr Parker, here your money'', I showed one envelope. ''please leave. I have work to do'', I said strictly.

Taking the money from my hand, he purposely bruising his hand against mine. I quickly pulled back my hand.

''do you know how beautiful you are?'', he was leaning closer to me but I pushed him from me.

''Leave'', he furrowed his brows and chuckle.

''feisty... I like it though'', he steps back. ''one day, I will make you mine'', he was walking out from the shop. After close the door, I feel much relieved. Someone rings the bell again. Opening the door, he was still standing there. Suddenly he grabs my hand, pulls me to him and kisses my knuckles.

''Mr Parker, you are reaching your limit!!'', I said angrily, pulling back my hand. He smirked and I slammed the door at his face.

He's doing too much nowadays.... I have to move out any sooner....

The bell rings again. He's won't change ever. Grabbing the broom beside me, I open the door to hit him.

''How many times I told you that I'm not interested?'', I stopped when I see Jay in front of me. He was staring at my hand and then to me. Quickly I hide the broom behind me. ''Mr. Erickson.... s....sorry. I thought it was someone else'', letting a fake smile, I move aside to allow him inside. ''get in please''