Heartache

The kids were playing in the playground. Isabel and Finlay are with them. Tilly and Andrew are sitting at a bench; talking and laughing. Jeez... they looks like so deep in love. I was sitting alone while thinking about Julissa. Am I not be able to satisfy her? She's still kid and of course she has many desires.

I sighed heavily.

''Are you angry?'', Jay was in front of me. He sits beside me.

''No... why should I get angry with you?'', I told him.

''then why are you looking sad?''

I didn't say anything for a moment.

''She never easily ask anything from me. Maybe she knows that I can't fulfill all her wishes. Last year she asked me to buy that necklace but.... I couldn't buy it. In fact, I couldn't be able to satisfy her sometimes. She's still a kid. I understand but still, I feel like I failed to be her mother... I don't know what to say. Sometimes I feel stupid for couldn't understand everything'', I sighed.

''If you ask her to choose the necklace or you, what would she choose?'', Jay asked.

''I guess... it's me'', I shrug.

''why?''

''hmm... I don't know. My instinct said so''

''That's how it should be then. Don't think much. Of course, she likes the necklace but she loves you more than anything. You are not a failure but her idol'', he stated calmly.

Smile forms in my lips. He did flutter my heart. Maybe he's right. I shouldn't think too much. I'm doing what I'm capable of. So, I supposed to not put down myself.

''Mom'', Ju waved her hand. ''join us'', she invited.

''later baby'', I waved my hand.

She runs towards me and grabs my hand. ''come...'', she drags me to other kids to play with them. Isabel and Finlay are really sweet on the kids. Finlay decided to take a break after I join shortly. So, it's me and Isabel playing the kids. My phone was ringing. So, I walked out to talk with the person.

''Hello?'', I speak but the line was unclear. ''hold on'', walking aside, I put my phone on my ear. ''can you hear me now?'', I ask.

''Yes ma'am. I need to order cupcakes'', she said from the other line.

''Ok.... when you need it? Your details?'', I ask her.

While she was telling me the details, I accidentally saw Ju who is running towards the ball to catch it. She is in the middle of the road.

''No, Ju!!'', I shouted when I see a car coming towards her speedily.

Just before it hits her, Jay pushed her on the other side along with him. Running towards him, I saw Julissa in Jay's arms.

''Oh God, Ju, are you OK?'', I hugged her.

''mom, I'm sorry'', she looked terrified and she was crying.

''It's OK baby... it's ok...'', I patted her shoulder.

''Jay, you are bleeding'', Andrew's voice snapped me out. I saw blood flowing from his head, probably because he hits himself at the lamppost.

''God, come, let us go to the hospital'', Isabel said anxiously.

I wanted to follow them to the hospital but since Julissa looked horrified, I had no choice then bring her back to the house with Tilly. The environment changed into dull quickly.