Running Away

They say a great marriage isn't something that just happens; it's something that must be created. Oh yeah? Get off then. I'm done with that crap! Guess what, my groom runs away from the altar, leaving me stunned... or heartbreak maybe?

How can such a perfect day turn into the worst day of my life? It wasn't just heartbreaking but humiliating. Why can't he say it to me privately? Why did he disappear on this particular day? I thought he loved me, I thought he really cared, I thought we will get marry and start a new life together. But we ended. And it was tragic!

I've always been a jinx when it comes about love. My brother, Jorge was married with his love two years back and they are living happily right now whereas my younger sister, Joslyn who is two years younger than me was married with her love one year ago. Both are lucky enough to get someone who loves them the way they are. Me? Well, welcome to my jinx world!

Mom and my brother was the one who arranged this marriage. Honestly, I don't want to marry this guy, Ashton who is my mom's friend's son. But since people around me encouraged, I agreed. It was weird though. When I get to know him slowly, I fall for him more. He was such a caring person. But wait... let me take my words. He's such asshole!! Coward!! Douchebag!!

That was the day I left my hometown, my family, my friends behind and stranded at a new strange place. North Behan. I don't know how I supposed to behave or react with those freaking humiliation. Luckily for me, I literally bump into my elementary school friend, Esme Lynch and she pitied me; brought me back to her house. She was a school dropout since she doesn't have anyone to financially support her apart from her sisters. Now, she's living happily with the man who loved her for who she is.

It's been three months since the incident, three months I'm away from my family, three months being unemployed and being freeloader under Esme's generosity. Esme and her husband, Mark was being too nice to me even though they are still having troubles to run their family with three years old daughter. I've tried to search for a job around this new place here but having a bachelor in Finance with 3.8 pointers is just not enough for anyone to hire me I guess.

At night, I walked to the lone bar at the end of the street, alone. There are not many people inside, also not lesser people. It was neutral. Down at the bar still ordering a drink. I can't help but keep thinking about it. It supposed to be my big day but I can't help but feel blue. Why can't I move forward, why won't these memories fade?

Why can't my mind erase you and let me be? Why does your face haunt me at night and in the dream? Am I that naïve or just too blind to see?

''Hey'', someone greeted me. Turning my head to the side, I see Esme. She sits on the stool beside me. ''you're OK?'', her tone sounded in concern.

''Better than ever'', shrugging, I take a sip from the vodka. I'm not a drunkard of course but it just sometimes or whenever I'm not in the mood, I do consume alcohol. Maybe few shots because I know my limits.

''hmmm'', she sighed. ''J, I know it's hard but he doesn't deserve you. He's a jerk'', she scoffed.

''Yeah I know I know. I was not thinking about him though'', I lied. Already I had been troubling her so much, so better I don't show my pitiful side to her although it had been shown obviously.

How pathetic...

''Is it about your job?'', she questioned me again. Esme is working as a cleaner in a company. It was one of the top business around this country.

''I'm desperately wanting a job. Is it any job available in your company? Doesn't mind being a cleaner or maid. Ignore my qualification'', I requested.