Reunion

***********.........NO POV...........*********

''Let's call it off today'', Jay stated after surveil through the construction site.

''Ya'', Dev agreed.

''while we are here, let's go to the cable car'', Elina looked excited.

''Yes... I heard it's fun in here'', Justin, my senior executive supported.

''Guys, proceed without me. I'm not interested'', Jay refuses it. Dev sighed seeing Jay. They then proceeded without him. Isabel turned back to see Jay who is walking to the other side. She canceled to join the others and follow Jay. He enters a bar and drinking alone.

''You OK?'', Isabel comes beside Jay; sit on the stool beside him

''Yes... you didn't join them?'', Jay asked.

''Nop... not interested though'', she shrugged. ''can I ask you one thing?'', Isabel asked.

''what is it?''

''do you blame me for me for everything that happened?'', she asked. Jay turns to see her. ''Tell me honestly Jay. It's OK... I don't mind it actually. I can't...'', gripping her hands, she looked at him sadly. ''I can't see you like this. It feels like I'm the reason for everything. I'm leaving, Jay... I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore'', dropping her tears, she was walking forward but Jay suddenly grabs her hand and pulls her into him.

He was staring at her in amused. ''you know.... You are a feisty girl'', Isabel was blushing with Jay's words. ''I'm sorry if I ignored you... I just need some time'', he sighed. ''I kissed you in the party, not because I was drunk or something but that's what my heart wants that time'', he said firmly yet gently.

Isabel was looking into his eyes. Leaning closer, she pressed her lips on her. Jay clutched her hips, pulling her to him and deepen the kiss.

Andrew who was searching for Jay came there after Dev told Jay's whereabouts. His expression changed when he sees the scene. At the same time, he gets shocked when he sees Jessy who is at the doorway, looking at Jay and Isabel. She gives a light smile to Andrew who is looking at him and then walks out from the bar.

''Jessy'', Andrew grabbed Jessy's hand and turned her back and she was walking in the street. ''he still loves you'', he said seriously.

Jessy didn't show any reaction. She doesn't look sad nor happy. She smiles. ''Andrew, I don't mind it. Trust me'', she said boldly.

''it was not his fault. I made a mistake in my life. Heartbreak is a funny thing actually. We all know it's going to happen, yet we're never prepared for it. We underestimate its power. It's like giving a murder a gun and expecting not to be killed. Why are we never ready for it? Because we're in denial. We believe it won't happen. We believe the murderer will not kill us. We believe if we give him our hearts he will not crush it'', she sighed.

''When the guilt comes again to haunt me I take in a breath. After all this time it still cuts just as deep, but its visits are less frequent and softer in duration. I remind myself that whilst I cannot undo my misdeeds, I dedicate my life to walking in the light. I tell myself that even though I can never forgive myself, that in God's eyes the slate is clean. I don't need to make amends anymore, but I have sworn to not give up my life. Do you think we will have chances to be together again? No Andrew... it's not. For him, it a betrayal. For me, it's a mistake. Both of us cannot change it ever. So why bother?''

''Trust me. If he's married or having a relationship with her, I would be the first one to get happy. Why? Because she's suit for him than me. Whenever he's with me, I feel insecure. I've always wondered, how can a billionaire like him choose over a poor, ugly girl like me? Will he leave me once he found another girl? What will happen if he leaves me?'', she sighed. '' that always plays in my mind. Life would be better if I stay as just maid... not more than that....''