Taking Care

JAY POV

I have no clue why she behaves like that way. Jessy I know was always being cheerful but suddenly she changed violent or should I say she was in pain? Part of me angry on her because she left from the house just like that. Come on, at least tell something damn it!! If my other employees turned their face on me, I would have fire them but for an unknown reason, I couldn't fire her.

Is it my fault? She told me that she doesn't want to come but I forced her out. But why? What's the reason for her denial? Is she got any connection with Mr Mendoza? No hell... she doesn't even know him of course.

Everyone was just clueless. She left without leaving any hints for me to solve. Maybe she needs time to be alone. She will come back the next day.

The next morning, I take a quick bath and get down to see her but she was not around. The weirdest part is, Andrew and Fin already in the dining hall and they looked like searching for her too.

Damn, why the heck she didn't inform me if she's going to resign? No, absolutely No. She cannot leave until I fire her.

Leah was serving us the food but I have no appetite to eat. My moon switched down somehow. Normally she will do some mess in the kitchen, talk something or do some silly things but today it was so quiet. I feel like I back to the first day I enter this house. Alone and dull!

''Mr Erickson, Jessy's friend called me just now. She says Jessy won't be able to come to work'', Leah informed.

''What? She wants to resign? Cannot!! She has to work here. That's the contract!!'', I said exasperatedly.

''S...Sir... actually.... She didn't mention about resigning'', her words brighten up my mood. ''seems like Jessy is having a high fever, so she's taking rest'', she explained.

Crap did I slipped my tongue....??

''Can we visit her, brother?'', Fin was asking me.

''Of course... I need to know my employees' wellbeing'', I shrugged. ''who knows maybe she's just lying to enjoy herself''

''yeah... right'', Andrew smirked.

''Hey, why you put that reaction? Eat!!'', I said exasperatedly.

After the breakfast, since Holden knows where her house located, he brought us there. It was a really small house. There was a guy watering the flower using the hose. He turned back when he saw my car parked in front of the house.

Wait a minute..... I know him. He was the one who was talking to her last time, in the restaurant? Is he her boyfriend? They live together? What the heck!!??

We get down from the car. I have to do it professionally. That guy approached the gate; looking at us.

''Yes?'', he asked.

''We come here to visit Miss Jessy'', Holden talked behalf me. I don't even want to talk to him. Don't tell he is the reason for her behavior! Or who knows he's abusing her....

''O....Oh.... and you guys are??'', he looked puzzled.

''I'm her employer'', raising my brow, I told him. He's looking at us like we are some kind of terrorist.

He turns to see me and nodded. ''sorry sir... get in'', he opens the gate and invited us in. It was a small living room, two attached room, and I can see the kitchen from the living hall. It was really small. I wonder how can she stays in an uncomfortable house like this.