A story to tell....

JESSY POV

What happened to him? Jeez... one time he's behaving good, another time he's behaving cold. I saw him leave the house in his car.

''Is he really your boss?'', Mark asked and I nodded. ''He looks cold''

''He's always like this'', I shrugged.

''But it was weird though. Everyone knows that Mr Erickson is a ruthless man. He never cares for others except for himself but looking him come to visit you, I think he's a good boss'', Esme praised.

''hmmm.... Honestly, I say, he's not scary like what others said. He has his own way of showing it''

''aww.... Really? Look like someone has a crush on him'', Esme teased.

''h...huh, are you kidding me?'', I was blushing with her words. ''He's cold. How someone can even like him?'', I deny it.

''hahaha.... Doesn't seems like that, babe. Right honey?'', she asked Mark.

''hahaha.... Yeah'', he replied.

''Jeez... you guys are exaggerating'', quickly I walk inside the house.

After taking a quick shower, I walk inside my room. There only one bathroom in this house and it is not a room-attached bathroom. I have to walk out and walk in. Seeing myself in the mirror, suddenly I remember Mr. Erickson's action in the hospital room.

Damn, how dare he stole my first kiss....

But honestly, his lips were soft and sexy....

No No.. what the hell am I thinking? God, Jessy, get a grip!!

He did like that to make me get the doctor's injection. Forget it. I feel energetic when I woke up the next morning. Time shows 5.30am but still, I wanted to go work earlier. After taking bath, I wear a tank top and jeans; tie my hair into a ponytail and left my house. Esme probably was sleeping since she has afternoon shift, so I didn't wake her up.

When I reach Mr Erickson's house, time shows 7.00am. Mr Erickson would come back any time after he jogged around the place. I saw him entering the kitchen while wiping his sweaty face using a face towel.

''Mr Erickson!!'', I exclaimed. He looked startled. ''Good morning'', I smile widely.

''Miss Booby, can't you talk slower'', he said exasperatedly.

''oppss... sorry'', I grinned. ''Sir, your drinks'', I show the isotonic bottle to him. He raised his brow, looking at the bottle and then to me.

''don't tell me you want to fool me around. It's poison isn't it'', he smirked.

''Hey... no... that time was not my mistake though'', I mumbled. ''I checked it thrice and it's your drinks, sir'', I stated in a saluting tone.

Giving me a cold stare, he grabs the bottle from my hand and drinks it.

''So, you ok now?'', he asked me casually.

''Yes, boss'', I smiled.

''Yeah, can see it obviously. Lucky for you to join back your back. If not, I would have fired you and hire another eligible person'', he mocked.

He hits my nerves.... Did he think I'm stupid?

''I'm not stupid OK?'', I said exasperatedly. ''I have a degree in Financial Management''

''what?'', he asked me when I'm arranging the glasses.

''what?'', I asked him back.

''What did you say just now?'', he repeated his question.

Turning to see him, ''I say I have a degree in Financial Management. Why?'', his expression changed with my words.

''You have a degree?''

''Yes... umm.... You don't know about it?'', turning back, I started to continue my job. I don't want to talk about it.

''then why are you working as a maid?'', he started to question again. ''Hey, tell me, damn it!!''

''don't keep nagging me OK!!'', I shouted at his face and his expression changed.

Shit, I overreact....

''I'm sorry'', I said sadly. ''You are my boss. You have the rights to know though'', smiling weakly, I looked up to him. ''I came to this place because I was running away from my problem. Five months ago, my marriage was fixed. He was my mom's friend's son. I'm not interested in arrange marriage but I agreed for my family, especially my mom and brother. The more I get to know about him, the more I started to like him. But one week before the marriage, he started distant himself. I thought he was nervous just like me but.... On our marriage day, he... didn't appear'', I close my eyes, remembering the moment.

''That's why when you bring me inside the church that time, every memory started to play. The moment I stood alone, when everyone was staring at me pitifully, most of them shoot me disgusting stare and more than that, my heart breaks when I see my mom bows down her head embarrassingly because of me'', I quickly wipe my tears.

''That day itself I came here. In fact, I randomly pick this place and when I reached here, I was wondering without direction. Luckily for me, I meet my elementary school friend, Esme. She brought me back to her house and I lived under her expenses. Three months I tried to search a job here but unfortunately, no job was available for me. So I asked Esme to help me since I wanted to forget everything. That's when she told me that her friend was looking for someone to replace her position for a couple of months and I was asked to replace this maid job'', I explained to him.

He was lying against the counter while listening to me with patience.

''then... who is Mark? He's not your boyfriend?''

''Mark?'', I puzzled. ''he's Esme's husband'', I replied.

He nodded.

''but... thanks to you actually'', I smile. ''something I never understood. Why be sad about something which has already happened? After all, there's no point crying over spilled milk. Unfortunately, when you get sad, it's like being stabbed in the heart a thousand times without dying. That's how I felt every time I'm thinking about him. But working here, I somehow manage to forget him'', I sighed.

''At the same time, I cannot work as maid forever here'', he turns to see me. ''I need to support my family too and I have the responsibility to take care of my loans. In fact, I've already sent my resumes to some companies and few of them called for the interview. Pray for me Mr Erickson. I hope I can get office work. Sometimes I totally forgot that my time is getting less here'', I smiled.

I saw Andrew at the doorway; looking at me.

''Hey, you woke up? Where is Fin?'', I asked him.

He didn't say anything. I saw Mr Erickson walking out from the kitchen. I don't even get the chance to say thanks.

''Good morning Jessy. How you feeling now?'', Leah who enters the kitchen asked me.

''I'm fine'', I smiled.

Then Leah and I prepared for the breakfast. As usual, after eat Mr Erickson walked out and the kids left to the school.

When I was mopping the floor, I suddenly remembered back Mr Erickson. Because of me, he didn't attend his client marriage. I need to make the redemption for it. After squeeze my brain, finally I came up with a decision. I want to cook for them. Yes, cook deliciously.