Wishing You Could Leave It All Behind

Chapter 171

Wishing You Could Leave It All Behind

                It was night time in the Bahamas. Dinner would be here any second now. You and Daniel had an amazing first day on your getaway. After he cleaned you up from the spilled slushie lol, you put on your swimsuits and spent time at the beach. You swam, made sand castles, collected sea shells, and talked. He carried you as he left foot prints from treading through the sand. It was a beautiful sunset as well. Could things get any better? Let's find out...  Upon returning to your resort, you took a shower and put on some comfy loose clothes to eat in. You had on a pretty floral tank top, some crochet shorts and cute sandals with a flower on top. You let your hair hang down your back as you put a floral headband on. Walking through out the room you searched for Daniel. "Found ya," but you stopped in your tracks... He was on the phone before you got in the shower and still was. Judging from his demeanor, he wasn't too happy. Slowly, you walked towards the patio door, then you stopped and sighed. *Knock-knock-Knock* "Room Service!" "Finally," you strolled to the door, "Hello Ma'am, dinner is served," he was extremely polite. He wheeled the food inside, "Hopefully another night you'll consider eating at one of the many restaurants we offer. Usually there is a show that goes along with it." "Of course. It's our first night, so I think we're gna stay in for sure but definitely," you smiled. "Yes ma'am," he said making sure everything was there, "If you need anything, please don't hesitate." "Thank you so much." "Yes ma'am, have a great night," he made his exit. "Whose that baby?" You turned around and saw Daniel halfway in the door, holding the phone against his chest, "Room service. Dinner is here." "Okay, I'll right there," he went back outside. After he shut the door, you started talking shit to yourself lol, "Why the fuck has he been on that phone for so long," you looked up to make sure the door wasn't cracked, "Ugh... Well we did spend the whole day together, I don't wanna be selfish." You smiled and patiently waited. Time went on and on. The past half hour went by just that fast. It was hard waiting on him. Your body must have known that their was food in front of you because your stomach growled! "Okay, thats it," you said praying over your food. "In Jesus Name." Then you dug in. It was some spicy chicken curry, rice, veggies, bread and some type of frunch drink. "Mmmm, not bad." You watched Daniel walk back and forth along the patio, shaking your head. "His food is gna be cold." You were more than half way done by the time he slipped inside. He approached you, "You started without me?" You looked up at his face, then at the clock, "45 minutes went by Daniel. I was hungry." "Really now?" "Yes. I watched the clock." He sighed, then took a seat next to you, "I'm sorry... I really am. Business call." You put your fork down, "We're on vacation Daniel. You need to leave it all behind and focus on the getaway." "It was important." You moved your finger back and forth between the two of you, "And so is this." He just gave you this look, "Are you upset [Yn]?" "No. Not at all. I just don't want you to stressed out here. I want you to take a break from it things, thats all," you said rubbing his arm. He took a deep breathe, "So much is going on. I got a lot of projects to handle, but I'm looking forward to it." "Thats good babe," you said continuing to eat. He thought you were mad at him. "Did you bless the food?" "Yes." He thanked you and started eating, "It's cold." "I'll warm it up for you." You grabbed his plate and headed to the microwave. When you heard his phone ring, you turned to see if he'd answer it. He did. "I'll be right back okay [Yn]." You honestly didn't want to argue tonight, so you nodded as he went back outside. After the food was done, you grabbed it and placed it back on the tray. "It's gna get cold again." 

                A whole hour went by before Daniel came back inside to eat. You laid on the bed and watched TV since you were sleepy. After dinner, you wanted to walk around the resort but from the looks of things, it wouldn't be happening tonight. He walked back inside and shut the door a bit hard. "You okay Dan," you sat up. "Yeah," he lied. He walked over to his tray of food, looked at it and covered it back up. "Want me to heat it back up?" "No, I lost my appetite," he said lying on the bed next to you. Even though he was right next to you, he felt so far away. You hated when he was in this mood. You knew it was something to do with his career, it was the only thing he took seriously beside this relationship. He laid there in complete silence. You didn't want to honestly make things worse. Thankfully, you had more days left here to enjoy yourselves so you didn't wanna sweat tonight. An idea popped in your head to make him better. He noticed you reaching for his pants. "What are you doing?" You smiled, "About to make you feel better!" He moved you away with his hand, "Nah uh. I'm not in the mood for that." "C'mon! It'll make you feel better." He looked into your eyes and nodded. "Suit yourself. Haha." "Whatever." You squinted your eyes, "Whats your problem?" He didn't say anything. "I didn't do you anything, you need to learn how to control your anger," you said getting up. "AIN'T NOBODY ANGRY! SHEESH!" You said nothing, you just slowly got up, grabbed your cell and went outside. You walked away from the patio and sat on the beach nearby. "I hate when he acts like this." You sat in silence, then decided to call your mom. You felt relief whenever she finally answered. "Hello?" "Hey ma..." "Hey sweetie... Everything okay?" "No..." "Whats wrong [Yn]?" "Daniels mad, what should I do?" She paused, sound like she was in the middle of eating, "Let him be." Hearing those simple words made you feel a bit better, "He'll get out of his phunk. Just give him space." "I just don't want him to be stressed mama." "He's gna be, he's human." You smiled when you heard your dad in the background, "Whose that on the phone!" "That's our daughter baby." "What she want???" You chuckled, he was so goofy, "Tell her bye so we can get back to our night." You and your mom busted out laughing. "Haha, I love you ma. I'll let y'all get back to your night." "We love you baby. Just remember you're young, don't take it all so seriously." "Yeah, be patient [Yn]," your dad chimed in, "Love you." "Love you both." They were gone. Talking to them made you feel so better. You smiled and stood up, walking along at the beach. It was peaceful. You spent some time alone, thinking of all the things you've made it through. Even though he was in his mood, you knew he loved you. Look where you were. Just be patient with him.

End of chapter 171.