Back to the Drama

Chapter 53

Back to the Drama

                    ''We're HOME,'' your parents yelled as they pulled into your driveway. ''Yay,'' you forced out sarcastically. They both looked at you and laughed. ''Oh come on baby, summer is almost here. We just gotta finish the year out.'' You sighed and opened your door. ''I'll grab our bags,'' your dad insisted, ''Just go on ahead inside.'' You and your mom did just that. ''AAAAAAAAAH, Home Sweet Home. Smells good in here,'' your mom said all dramatically. ''Mhm.'' You flopped on the couch and your mom sat right next to you. ''New York was incredible huh?'' ''Yes, very much ma.'' ''You like it out there?'' ''Mhm,'' you nodded. ''Maybe you could live there one day.'' ''Yeah, hopefully me and Diggy can live together.'' On that note, she looked at you funny, ''Ummmm, how old are you now young lady?'' ''Hahahaha, 18 ma'am.'' ''Thats what I thought,'' she said laughing. Then she kinda looked at you, up and down, ''Yeah, 18. You're technically a young adult. I couldn't stop you.'' You shook your head, ''Yeah, but that probably won't happen.'' You and your mom looked up and watched your dad carry the last suitcase inside. ''Phew,'' he said wiping his head. He shut and locked the door. ''What are my two favorite ladies talking about,'' he said sitting next to your mom. ''Oh, I was just asking [yn] about New York.'' ''Oh oh... It's real nice out there. My house was in a different city, but I love their home in New Jersey.'' ''Me too,'' you said smiling. Your smile faded away whenever you thought about Diggy. ''Whats wrong mama?'' ''I wonder when I'll ever see Diggy again.'' Your dad started laughing, ''Isn't there PROM & GRADUATION????'' You sat up with excitement, ''Oh my gosh. I completely forgot about that daddy.'' He nodded, ''I'm sure he'll come down for both of those special occasions, and then theres summer too baby. Don't be so blue okay?'' He stood up and walked to his bedroom. Your mom pulled on your curls, ''That should be exciting huh baby?'' ''Mhm.'' ''You know when Prom is?'' ''Na, I really wasn't focused on it. I had too much going on. I'm pretty sure they'll start selling tickets for it in the next week or two.'' She nodded, ''Gotta find you a dress.'' ''Yeah.'' ''After prom and graduation, we gotta get you ready for college.'' College? Ewww. You didn't like the idea of going because your parents didn't like what you were interested in. You wanted to do fashion design but your parents felt that was too chancy and uncertain. There were several arguements over that. ''Thankfully the first two years at any college are basics and core classes, that way I'll still have time to decide.'' ''Yes of course [yn].'' Your mom yawned, ''I'm going to take a nap, I'll see you later okay.'' You smiled and watched her walk into her bedroom. You didn't really think about college. You got accepted to some places but really didn't wanna go there. You wanted to study fashion in New York, but your parents complained the tuition was way too high for out-of-state fees. The bright side about art school was that you could jump right into fashion, no boring classes. ''Blah blah blah, what a headache,'' you said getting up. You checked the time, ''Monique should be outta school, I'm gna go scoop her up. You walked to your parents bedroom to let them know but you heard some moaning and groaning. ''Ewwwwww,'' you said loudly. They must have heard you because it stopped. ''I'm going to Moniques!'' ''OKAY BABY!'' You ran for the keys and headed outside. 

                     You pulled up to your school around back in student parking. ''I don't miss this rat hole,'' you said slamming the door. You locked the doors and walked towards the back doors so Monique would see you. ''The bell should be ringing in 2 minutes,'' you said to yourself. You stood there with your arms folded. A cool breeze came by. The bell soon rang and people started walking towards you and soon passed you. A cute guy walked pass. He smelled sooooo good. ''Hey pretty lady,'' you heard someone say. You looked across the hall and saw one of your classmates standing there waving. ''Hey Johnathan,'' you said smiling. ''We missed you in history today.'' ''Oh yeah?'' ''Yeah, Mr. Jenkins went off on everyone today. He was teaching and his wig fell off! Everyone was literally crying!'' You and Johnathan started laughing together. ''You coming tomorrow?'' ''Yeah yeah.'' ''Alright I'll see you then,'' he said waving and walking off to his car. Everyone now and then someone would speak to you or stop to hug you. ''Where is Moni... Oh, there she is.'' She was walking with Roxanne and it looked like they were talking about something interesting. They saw you in the distance and waved. Monique dropped her convo with Roxanne and ran to you. ''OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH, I MISSED YOU SOOO MUCH,'' she said with her legs wrapped tightly around you. ''How did you manage to run in heels girl?'' She laughed and then kissed both your cheeks. ''Hey Roxy.'' ''Hey [yn], you look real pretty.'' ''Awwh, thank you.'' You didn't know or understand why she was soo nice to you now. That was a good thing cuz you had other ppl to deal with. Monique got down, ''you do look pretty [yn], I see New York hit the spot,'' she said being nasty. ''Chill, it wasn't none of that, but I do gotta tell you what happened. She nodded. ''I gotta go to this scholarship interview today, so im gna head out,'' Roxy said scrabbling in her bag for her car keys. ''What college you going to,'' you asked. ''I wanna go to Parsons in NYC, I wanna study fashion design.'' Your jaw dropped, ''Oh okay,'' Mo said, ''We'll see you later. Goodluck girl.'' She hugged you both and walked off. ''Whats wrong [yn]?'' ''Oh, nothing,'' you lied. Parsons was your dream school and you'd give anything to attend. Out of all these years you've know Roxanne, you didn't know she shared a common love for fashion. ''Come on lets go,'' Monique said tugging your arm. You walked to the car. ''Look,'' she said taping your arm and pointing. You and her both watched Chelsea. She looked horrible.. Her face looked tired and her body language screamed misery. You sighed, ''Can't believe that was our best friend.'' ''Mmm mm mmmm.'' She tried to hug Donte but he backed up and motioned for her not to touch him. ''I feel sorry for her.'' ''Don't [yn], you did all that you could. She gone learn.'' On that note, you got in the car and drove to an ice cream parlor. 

                 ''Lets sit here,'' Monique said pointing to a two-seated table in the ice cream parlor. ''Okay, theres honestly nothing new with me, so go ahead and tell me about New York.'' You laughed and then blushed. ''Well besides getting my head smashed and getting into arguements, it was amazing. What can I say, Daniel is amazing. He's very affectionate and freaky.'' She sat up in her seat, ''Did he hit?'' ''NO!'' ''Why not?'' ''We came sooooo close to it but he didn't want to do that in his parents house, and besides I wasn't ready.'' ''Mhm.'' ''I love his family though, I met a lot of people.'' ''I still can't believe you met Jacob.'' ''Me either...he's a sweetheart. U gotta come to NYC and see him.'' She swallowed her ice cream, ''I'd die [yn],'' she said laughing, You smiled at her. ''Is his penis big?'' You almost choked on your ice cream while you laughed at her question. ''What!!!!'' ''Monique oh my gosh, I almost died.'' ''Well, is it?'' You blushed and looked down, ''Yeah.'' She stared with her mouth open, ''Girl....he gone have you riding that thing one day.'' ''MONIQUE!!!!'' She laughed. ''All seriousness, are you ready for sex?'' You stared off and shrugged. ''It's serious [yn], more serious than you'll ever know. Once you lose your virginity, you can't take it back.'' ''I know.'' ''Make sure if it does happen, you're smart about it. Talk to your mom about birth control, I don't know, just be smart about it.'' ''Yeah, he teased me so many times but he knows that I'm not ready.'' ''Is he a virgin?'' ''Na uh.'' ''I knew it hahahaha, he looks like a low-key freak. He gone have you in all these crazy positions and.....'' ''Monique, look hahahaha, we just taking it slow. Besides, when you date someone, it shouldn't be just about sex. There needs to be that connection and we have it. We had great talks and stuff.'' ''Thats good. You and him are gna spend a lot of time together this summer, so I suggest you get birth control.'' ''Whatever,'' you said laughing, but then you thought about it, she was right... Did you need to consider it? How would you go about asking your mom? Hmmmmm. Decisions decisions decisions.... 

End of Chapter 53.