Welcome to Atlantic Records

Chapter 146

Welcome to Atlantic Records

                               After a 20 minute ride, you and Daniel arrived to this enormous building in downtown NYC. "Wake up, we're here [Yn]." Between eating all that pizza and chicken, along with Daniel holding you on the cozy ride, you were knocked out lol. "[Yn]......[Yn].....Babe..." He sighed, then smacked your ass SUPER HARD. "Aaaaaah, what the fuck," you sat up discombobulated, "Daniel, why'd you bite me?" "Haahaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I didn't even bite you ma. You need to get it together." He wiped your face with his thumbs and helped you fix your clothes a bit. The door opened and your driver Marcus busted out laughing, "Did someone have a nap." Daniel smiled, then looked at you, "Mhm. She was knocked out." "I know, my rides have that affect on people." They both laughed, while Marcus reached for your hand, "Come on sweetie, I got you." Marcus helped you out. You know how it is when you first wake up lol, you don't really know what's going on. Haha. Daniel stepped out afterwards, grabbing a hold of you by the waist. "Thank you Marcus. I'll give you a call." "Alright my brotha. I'll grab a bite to eat." "Alright. Take your time." He got back inside and drove off. Daniel shifted his focus on you, "Baby, please wake up." "I'm sleepy." "I know, but I need you to wake up. Haha, do you hear me?" You were slouched in his arms. "Mhm." "I don't believe you. Come on." He took your hand and walked you slowly inside the building. Before entering inside, you had to wait for Daniel to buzz the front office. He pressed the knob, "Yo, It's Diggy. I'm meeting here with the label to discuss the issues with the press." You were nosy, looking all around the foyer. You read Atlantic Records across the front of a door.  "Hey Diggy. It's Tiffany. I'll let you in. Whose the pretty girl with you?" "That's my four letter word." She laughed, "How cute. Can't wait to meet her." "Like wise," you said smiling. Seconds later, this big glass door slid open. "Oh shit." "That's cool huh?" "Yeah!" You grabbed his hand and followed him through the halls. These red and black halls were covered with Platinum records. You gazed at pictures B.o.B., Bruno Mars, Janelle Monae, Justine Skye, K. Michelle, Missy Elliot, TGT, Trevor Jackson, Trey Songz, Wiz Khalifa and so many more artists as you strolled down the hallways. It smelled like money, no literally. A great vibe filled the hallways. These artists were successful. "Awh, baby," you tugged his arm. "What's that," he turned around, then realized you saw his picture on the wall, "Look at you." "Thank you," he kissed your forehead." You were proud of him and all his accomplishments. "Hey Tiff." The both of you stood at a black desk, outlined in red jewels. "This is so sexy," you looked around, appreciating the interior design. Tiffany stood up and smiled, "You like it?" "Love it. This is incredible." "I take it you're into art." "Very much so, I'm studying fashion this fall at Parson's, but I love design period. Any type." She nodded, "Me as well. What's your name? I'm Tiffany," she extended her hand towards you, "I'm [Yn]." "Cute name. How are you Diggy?" "I'm good and you?" "Ha! Not what I've been hearing lately. Who you got into it with," she placed her hands on her wide hips. "Some creep for ex-girlfriend of the past." "Hmmm. She just can't let go huh?" "Nope," he shook his head, "Can't take the hint," he looked at you. They both stared at you, "You got an upgrade though. She's a keeper. I like her." Daniel looked you up and down, "Thank you," you blushed. "Well ummm, they're waiting for you in the black room." "Shit." "What's wrong?" Tiffany paused before nibbling on her fruit roll up, "The Black Room sweetie is where serious meetings take place." "Oh, is he in trouble?" "Possibly. I doubt it. I see it as self defense..." Daniel sighed, then rubbed his head, "I'm a go see what they want, we'll holla at you later Tiff." "Bye y'all." You waved then walked along Daniels side, "Are you gna lose your contract?" "No baby, don't be silly. I don't know what they have to say." After a few minutes of walking, you stopped at a black door. "I think you should wait out here [Yn]." "Okay, that's fine." "Yeah, I don't want you to get involved. Here," he reached for his wallet, "Take my card. There's a vending machine and merch shop if you get bored." "Mkay." "Gimme kiss." He kissed you and left you alone in the hall. "Fuck. I wanted to hear the meeting," you shook your head. You continued to walk around the hallway. Thinking about what happened with Tatianna. You pulled your cell outta your purse and dialed Monique's number. *Ring....Ring.....Ring* "This bitch better answ....Hello?" "I got your bitch, bitch." You both laughd. "Baby, I miss you." "I miss you too girl," she let out a yawn, "I can't wait 'til you guys come down here." "Girl, yes....Daniel  mentioned flying us out there this weekend." "Nah uh!" "Mhm...how fun would that be." "Damn, I'd love that." There was silence, "How you been big head?" "I been good... real good. Just so much drama. Daniel's in a meeting right now becus the paparizzi caught us in the middle of a fight with..." "WHOA WHOA WHOA, WAIT! ARE YOU SERIOUS?" "YES!!! Tatianna struck again." "That bitch is something else......ooooooo." "I know, I already wanna move away from here..." "Damn." "Girl, guess whose in NYC?" "Who?" "DONTE!!!!!" She dropped the phone in shock, "[Yn]...What in the hell, HOW?!" "I don't know. I'm just so fucking done. Daniel got into a fight with him and everything." "Girl, I can't digest this all at once..." "We gotta figure something out... We can't have two ex's running around NYC on some bullshit. But idk. I should have warned you. He was tweeting shit on twitter, talking about going to NYC. I didn't think he'd run into you!" "It's okay... I understand...." "Are you okay?" "Yeah, most of the time. Daniel's amazing." "I know he is. How's he?" "He's good. He's just tryna keep me happy, he feels bad." "Awh.... He really cares about you. He really does..." You smiled, thinking about him. "I miss you so much... I hope I can see you soon." "Me too." 

You spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Monique, then you walked around the halls, reading plaques and awards. Suddenly, you heard a door open. 

End of Chapter 146.