Unexpected Arrival

Chapter 3

Unexpected Arrival

        ''Alright girl, I'll see you later [YN],'' Monique yelled while her and Chelsea both waved goodbye after dropping you off from school. ''Yeah, I'll see y'all tomorrow,'' you waved. Chelsea and Monique drove off with a smile. You made your way to the mailbox to check the mail. You look threw and see what came in. You read the names on the mail: your mom, your mom, your mom, your dad. You froze after reading his name. At the moment, your mom and dad were seperated. They weren't seeing eye to eye right now, so they decided it was best to split for the time being. You gaze at his envelope and think about a past conversation: ''We're just gonna take a break right now sweetie,'' your dad suggested. ''Right, we don't want you around this, so its whats best for now mama,'' added your mom. You stop staring off and begin walking to the door. ''Hey [Yn], whats up,'' says your neighbor Troy. ''Hey, how are u?'' Heading toward the door, you begin to think. You understood, but it was harder going through this alone, seeing as you were the only child. After stepping inside, you place the mail down on the front entrace table. You mom wasn't going to be home until about 5:30, and it was going on 5:00, so you had a little time to yourself. After grabbing a capri sun and bag of funyuns from the kitchen, you head upstairs. You flung your bagpack to the floor and flopped on the bed. There was that poster of Diggy again. ''Me & Diggy, please! It would never happen. Not even in a million years!'' You stuff an onion ring into your mouth while turning on the TV and see 106 & park is on. Terrance & Rocsi were announcing the number 10 video on the countdown. You see some artist on there you've never heard of. ''Ehhh.'' ''Alright you guys, we will be back after the break,'' Terrance & Rocsi said in unison. Suddenly, a commercial came on. It was an advertisement for the scream tour tomorrow! ''Omg, I almost forgot, I gotta ask ma for the tickets.'' It was a long Friday; Between dealing with Mr. Spelman, Roxannes hoe ass and stupid minions, and that Pre-Cal test, that concert easily slipped your mind. It was last minute asking ma but you'd lost track of time with your parents seperation and all the drama in between. After hearing the door slam, you hop off the bed and rush downstairs. ''Hey ma! how are u?'' ''I'm good baby, how was school?'' ''Good good, aye so ummmm I gotta ask you a question!'' ''What is it now girl'', she said while looking through the mail on the glass table. ''Oh look, its from your dad. Must be a birthday card. Don't open it until tomorrow okay.'' ''Yes ma'am. Okay so there's this concert tomorrow and...'' ''[Yn], look baby I know tomorrows your bday but this concert isn't in the budget. You know me and your father,'' she said looking down, '' aren't together... at the moment, so I got a lot of things to take care of.'' ''But ma!'' ''I don't wanna hear it, I had a long day at work and I need to relax. We'll have something to do tomorrow okay. Here's $15, order us a pizza.'' ''Yes ma'am,'' u said in disappointment. You were crushed about not being to go. Ugh. Oh well. You headed to the phone and dialed Pappa John's. ''Yes. I'd like to order......'' 

        It's the next morning, not to mention your birthday. Your mom walks in and lays next to you. ''Ooo Diggy, yes yes. Right there,'' you say in your sleep. She sits up and gives you this weird look. ''What in the world is [Yn] talking about.'' She looks around your room and glances at the poster of Diggy. ''Oh, thats him I guess.'' She starts shaking you, [Yn] ... [Yn].... hey [YN] wake up. It's your birthday baby.'' You open your eyes and see your beautiful mom staring at you. ''Morning ma.'' ''Happy Birthday baby.'' ''Thanks ma.'' ''I love you and hope you have a great day. Come down stares and eat, I made your favorite.'' You sat up and stretched your body, ''Alright, I'll be down in a minute. Love you too!'' After a few minutes in the rest room, you end up down stairs at the table with your mom. ''This is so good ma, thanks for this and all that you've done for me these past 18 years.'' ''Of course, you're the most important person to me baby,'' she said while kissing your cheek. The door bell rang. ''I'll get it ma.'' You get up and head over towards the door. Your mom looks at you and starts to smile. You peep into the peep hole, its Monique & Chelsea. ''Hey girl,'' they said together, ''Happy Birthday [YN].'' They came in holding a bag. ''Good Morning Mrs. [YLN].'' ''Hi ladies.'' All three of them stood before you smiling. ''What's going on here?!'' The stares and smirks were too creepy. Monique handed you the bag. You took the bag and removed the wrapping paper. Inside you find an envelope with a cute bow on it. You open the envelope and read the card. Smiling, you read, ''Thanks for being an amazing friend and daughter. Love Mom, Dad, Mo & Chels.'' As you read, 3 small papers fell to the ground. Bending down to pick them up, you see strange numbers on them ''What is thi...... OMG NO WAY! SCREAM TOUR TICKETS!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!'' You couldn't believe it. ''Yes girl, we wanted to surprise you,'' said Chelsea. ''Yes baby, you deserve it. You work hard in school and haven't given me any trouble.'' ''So you mean to tell me that you guys had this all planned out!'' ''Yes girl, we could hardly hold it in. Shoot, '' laughed Monique. ''Well what about..'' ''Don't worry about how we got the tickets [YN],'' added your mom, '' just start getting ready for your concert baby.'' You were way too excited to finish breakfast. You screamed, laughed, then cried. ''Could this really be happening to me?'' ''Hahaha, it is! I promise. Okay, lets go upstairs and pick out something for tonight,'' Chelsea insisted. The three of you headed upstairs. You sat on your bed staring at the tickets. You waited for this dream to end, but it didn't. While you sat on the bed in disbelief, Chels & Mo raid your closet for the cutest thing possible. ''Oooo... Uh uh, this is not cute [YN], what were you thinking!'' '' Ooo I like this!'' "Wait wait, that would be cute!'' Their voices faded out as you gazed at Diggy's poster. You would be seeing him tonight, in person.

End of Chapter 3.